Windows 10: Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive.

Discus and support Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 and One Drive allow you to redirect Windows Folders such as your desktop and documents so that they are synced with your one drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by williamtholmes, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive.

Hello,

Windows 10 and One Drive allow you to redirect Windows Folders such as your desktop and documents so that they are synced with your one drive. This feature works very well and is similar to mapping windows folders in a Active Directory Environment.

However there is a issue that occurs with relation to the PowerShell environment.

In an environment where you have not redirected your folders to one drive you can change to your own directories using the following syntax:

cd ~\desktop

Doing so after redirecting your folders to One Drive has the unexpected result of taking me to:

C:\Users\MyUsername\Desktop

Instead of the redirected location of my desktop which is:

C:\Users\MyUsername\OneDrive - Organization Name\Desktop

Is there another way to accomplish moving to the correct redirected folder.

Thanks

William

:)

williamtholmes, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive.

Windows Power Shell

Just discovered Windows Power Shell and am having trouble recalling DOS commands. Can I find a list of available commands? How do I make >cd work for multi word directories?

DavidFleming1, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive.

1. Power Shell '~/directory' after redirecting folders to One Drive. - Similar Threads - Power Shell directory'

2. power shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power shell: I installed power shell since I like classic shell for my start.I am unable to get a lot of apps to open now.I deleted power shell, still have limited use of apps.I have tried to recover windows 11, no luck.How can I recover windows 11without using the system restore or...
  3. power shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power shell: I installed power shell since I like classic shell for my start.I am unable to get a lot of apps to open now.I deleted power shell, still have limited use of apps.I have tried to recover windows 11, no luck.How can I recover windows 11without using the system restore or...
  4. Power Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell: Boa tarde. Queria só tirar uma dúvidaQuando eu abro o power Shell aparece me escrito "try the new cross-platform PowerShell http://aka.ms/pscore6Não é nenhum tipo de erro? É só apenas uma sugestão para eu experimentar a nova cross platform da Power Shell...
  5. Power Shell

Power Shell: Boa tarde. Queria só tirar uma dúvidaQuando eu abro o power Shell aparece me escrito "try the new cross-platform PowerShell http://aka.ms/pscore6Não é nenhum tipo de erro? É só apenas uma sugestão para eu experimentar a nova cross platform da Power Shell...
  6. How to retrieve the list of users in active directory by power shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve the list of users in active directory by power shell: Hi,I will like to know how to retrieve all the users exists in the active directory by powershell.Your help is much appreciated :Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-list-of-users-in-active/53f9723d-82a3-4d5d-98f4-de6f7ba07c10
  7. How to retrieve the list of users in active directory by power shell

How to retrieve the list of users in active directory by power shell: Hi,I will like to know how to retrieve all the users exists in the active directory by powershell.Your help is much appreciated :Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-list-of-users-in-active/53f9723d-82a3-4d5d-98f4-de6f7ba07c10
  8. HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell: 20H2x64 I'd appreciate if someone can explain the differences between these 2 reg locations -- HKCR\Directory\Background\shell vs HKCR\Directory\Shell specifically as regards customizing the context menu -- and WHERE the context menu is invoked -- clicking on the...
  9. power shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power shell: when i do codding often such problem comes up.failed to create process. what am i suppose to do [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shell/057078df-5693-42bf-a0de-416f6e02f296
  10. One drive directories

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive directories: Trying to get a handle on a new Onedrive installation imported from another system. I see the Onedrive directory in File Explorer. Why is there a also what seems like a duplicate directory in my user/onedrive folder? I'm trying to make sure Files-on-demand is working to...