Windows 10: Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

Discus and support Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to fix a 'memory management error' on Win10 I'm told to run scannow. So I try to run PowerShell. It flickers into life and then immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jan 13, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

Trying to fix a 'memory management error' on Win10 I'm told to run scannow.

So I try to run PowerShell. It flickers into life and then immediately disappears.

I try to find it in the search bar and find I can't type into the search field !

?

:)

abrogard, Jan 13, 2019

2. Power Shell

power shell found corrupt files and i closed it by error. power shell[adm] will not work now Help Please.

johndurand1, Jan 13, 2019
  3. power shell

We are mounting a RFID reader on a forklift and need to modify/Change the Reader settings. Have been instructed to use Power Shell to change these settings from my IT guy. Was requested to open Power Shell as the administrator.

I am set up both as user and administrator...but have never used Power Shell. Not sure what to use for admin password.

KenSchoening34, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

PC shuts-down immediately when disconnected from power

It is extremely unlikely that this has anything to do with the update. You can easily find out like so:

• Boot into the BIOS setup mode. This mode is completely independent of Windows and is not affected by updates.
    • Pull the plug. You will find that the machine shuts down immediately.
    You probably need to replace the battery.

Frederik Long, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately

1. Power Shell Shuts Down Immediately - Similar Threads - Power Shell Shuts

2. Power then Shut down Buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  3. Power/Shut Down Problem.

Power/Shut Down Problem.: My computer has been shutting down randomly a lot recently and I am hoping to get some help. My power settings are set so that it should never to to sleep or hibernate and the hard drive should not power down but after an hour or so of being idle my computer shuts down...
  4. Windows Word document shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Word document shuts down immediately: When i open a Word Document a window appears asking for Repair. Once I click on Repair it shuts down the document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-word-document-shuts-down-immediately/2222cf3e-7022-4525-8c41-fc7e31ef70ab
  5. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  6. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  7. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  8. Windows immediately restarts following shut down from power menu.

Windows immediately restarts following shut down from power menu.: I have had this problem with one of my PC's based on an ASUS MB ever since it was upgraded to Windows 10. The restart can be prevented by holding the shift key down when pressing shutdown. This is slightly inconvenient but I have put up with it for several years. However a...
  9. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  10. Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player shuts down immediately: When I start the Windows 10 DVD player it opens then shuts down in a few seconds. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 79603

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 shell shut down