Windows 10: power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup

Discus and support power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell 15.6 inch touch screen, 2 in 1 laptop with a seventh generation core i7 processor. It runs windows 10 home 21H1. Recently at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NEILODISHO, Jun 9, 2021.

1. power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup

Hello, I have a Dell 15.6 inch touch screen, 2 in 1 laptop with a seventh generation core i7 processor. It runs windows 10 home 21H1. Recently at startup, the terminal window of power shell started to pop-up C:\windows\system32\windows power shell\V1.0\powershell.exe. Nothing runs in this window and I can close it. This is obviously not normal and I want to stop it from poping up at startup, since it also slows down Windows startup. From my initial search in the Microsoft community forums, it appeared that it has occued to others. I have not tried to test the solutions that were offe

:)

NEILODISHO, Jun 9, 2021

2. windows shell experience host terminated

I have perhaps a clue that may help you (or Microsoft). I first started seeing windows shell experience host closed from time to time when my PC started from sleep (event id 1002, closed because it stopped interacting
    with Windows). But as I traced the events further, this was ALWAYS preceded by windows shell experience host closed upon PC going to sleep (event id 2484. terminated because it took too long to suspend).

Further examination and experiments point to this as a solution:

From Power Shell Admin:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanif

The problem returned after a improper shutdown (electrical outage), and the above command resolved it again.

My problem does not appear to be related to the OS version/patch, corruption, drivers, etc. Microsoft can weigh in, but I suggest trying this command in power shell before any time consuming or other risky updates. One last note, I rebooted after issuing
    the power shell command, which may or may not be necessary.

0xBAADBEEF, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup

Wrong path for Windows 10 shell startup?

Welcome to TenForums @rpjd

Yes, it should be, and it is for me. That's the personal 'per user' startup folder. No idea how /Word/ got inserted, it's probably just this one user profile that's corrupted. Try as a test creating a new user and see if that has the correct shell:startup behaviour.

nearly, the full name is shell:Common Startup
    *Arrow Shell Commands List for Windows 10

That's the 'All users' startup folder. Does that also get a superfluous /Word/ inserted?

Bree, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup

1. power shell terminal pop-up at windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - power shell terminal

2. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  3. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  4. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  5. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  6. Terminal randomly pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal randomly pops up.: I am defaulting this to "Gaming", but this problem could apply to more categories.So, this CMD/Powershell window keeps popping up, it's empty and it randomly appears and disturbs me whenever I am doing something, no it does not happen only when I'm doing something, it pops up...
  7. Terminal randomly pops up.

Terminal randomly pops up.: I am defaulting this to "Gaming", but this problem could apply to more categories.So, this CMD/Powershell window keeps popping up, it's empty and it randomly appears and disturbs me whenever I am doing something, no it does not happen only when I'm doing something, it pops up...
  8. Windows Terminal doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Terminal doesn't pop up: Windows 10 has worked with Terminal for several months. Since a couple of weeks, once Terminal is docked minimized and I click its icon in the Tool Bar, it doesn't open the window any more.Tried Repair, Reinstall and sfc /scannow...
  9. Windows Terminal doesn't pop up

Windows Terminal doesn't pop up: Windows 10 has worked with Terminal for several months. Since a couple of weeks, once Terminal is docked minimized and I click its icon in the Tool Bar, it doesn't open the window any more.Tried Repair, Reinstall and sfc /scannow...
  10. Windows Terminal doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Customization