Windows 10: Power/Shut Down Problem.

Discus and support Power/Shut Down Problem. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer has been shutting down randomly a lot recently and I am hoping to get some help. My power settings are set so that it should never to to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Coca, Feb 2, 2021.

1. John Coca Win User

Power/Shut Down Problem.

My computer has been shutting down randomly a lot recently and I am hoping to get some help.

My power settings are set so that it should never to to sleep or hibernate and the hard drive should not power down but after an hour or so of being idle my computer shuts down regardless. The event viewer shows that the computer doesn't shut down successfully. I recently changed my power supply and this was happening before the change so I don't think that is the issue.

:)

John Coca, Feb 2, 2021

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Power/Shut Down Problem.

win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Power/Shut Down Problem.

1. Power/Shut Down Problem. - Similar Threads - Power Shut Down

2. Power then Shut down Buttons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  3. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  4. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  5. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  6. Shut Down Problems

Shut Down Problems: Greetings, I have yesterday updated to the newer insider build of windows 10, i am currently on version 1903 build 18999.1. Since the update i have noted that my PC takes ages to either restart or shut down, not sure why or what's causing it . If any1 of you could help...
  7. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  8. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  9. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  10. problem in shutting down

problem in shutting down: am trying to shut down my pc but after pressing shut down button no action is taken please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-shutting-down/86523a2b-8410-404d-bb75-a3fa9073ae2a"