Windows 10: Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?

Discus and support Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; While watching a video replay on a Website it kept freezing after about 5 mins but would re commence after refreshing. I went into the power settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by De C, Apr 23, 2023.

1. De C Win User

Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?

While watching a video replay on a Website it kept freezing after about 5 mins but would re commence after refreshing. I went into the power settings and changed the relevant display/sleep settings to ten mins. It then seemed to freeze after about 4 minutes! Changing the irrelevant display/sleep settings to ten minutes or so seemed to fix the problem. I changed the relevant setting for sleep to one minute; it went off around that duration and when I went back in there was at first no sound and a few attempted fixes resulted in no combination of steps getting it to pla

:)

2. PC will go to sleep even though the Power settings are set to Never in Windows 10.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

Since the Sleep settings are set to Default, I suggest you to make changes from the
    Power options settings page and check if the issue is resolved.

Change the power settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power options and select the top most search result.

• Click on Change when the computer sleeps
      from the left side panel of the window and select Never option from the dropdown bar under both the options.

• Click on Save Changes and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 23, 2023
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect? 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Apr 23, 2023
  4. Ghot Win User

Sleep and Hibernate are unpredictable and erratic

@OldGrantonian : Sleep and Hibernate are unpredictable and erratic

A: This is true.

I don't use sleep or hibernate, but I have noticed that Windows Updates occasionally change some of the settings in my Power Plan. You may want to check that.

Thema:

1. Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect? - Similar Threads - Power sleep settings

2. Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?: While watching a video replay on a Website it kept freezing after about 5 mins but would re commence after refreshing. I went into the power settings and changed the relevant display/sleep settings to ten mins. It then seemed to freeze after about 4 minutes! Changing the...
  3. Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power/sleep settings - are they normally erratic in their effect?: While watching a video replay on a Website it kept freezing after about 5 mins but would re commence after refreshing. I went into the power settings and changed the relevant display/sleep settings to ten mins. It then seemed to freeze after about 4 minutes! Changing the...
  4. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  5. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  6. Cannot set power and sleep settings

Cannot set power and sleep settings: My SP3 won't go to sleep on its own. It stays up all night. If I go to Settings, Power&Sleep and click in one of the settings boxes, a larger gray/white box appears, but I cannot input information. I've tried going to additional settings, and it tells me it is balanced, but...
  7. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  8. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  9. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....