Windows 10: power,sleep,& shutdown settings

Discus and support power,sleep,& shutdown settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 home x64 on an Acer laptop. When I put my pc to sleep I want it to shutdown automatically after say 45 minutes. If anyone can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jaretwilliams, Oct 30, 2018.

1. power,sleep,& shutdown settings

I am running windows 10 home x64 on an Acer laptop. When I put my pc to sleep I want it to shutdown automatically after say 45 minutes. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks & Cheers.

:)

jaretwilliams, Oct 30, 2018

2. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Mark91 Win User
    How to enable Sleep? Power only gives me Shutdown & Restart

Sleep is probably disabled. Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > Change Settings that are currently unavailable, now put your eyes at the bottom and you will Shutdown Settings, where an option named Sleep is listed, tick it and save it. Now press the Windows Key and click on Power, it will now list "Sleep" as an option.

Mark91, Oct 30, 2018
  4. power,sleep,& shutdown settings

Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

power,sleep,& shutdown settings

1. power,sleep,& shutdown settings - Similar Threads - power sleep shutdown

2. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  3. power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power and sleep settings: I have a Surface Pro 7. I have all four power settings set to 15 minutes. My screen still turns of after 1 minute. What am I missing? What else can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-sleep-settings/62217d41-6bea-4dda-953b-cbc41a78005b
  4. power sleep settings

power sleep settings: What is a recommended time to automatically set the computer to sleep. I don't want it to turn off while I'm using it but it would be reasonable to flicker off after a period of inactivity....
  5. Cannot set power and sleep settings

Cannot set power and sleep settings: My SP3 won't go to sleep on its own. It stays up all night. If I go to Settings, Power&Sleep and click in one of the settings boxes, a larger gray/white box appears, but I cannot input information. I've tried going to additional settings, and it tells me it is balanced, but...
  6. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  7. power & sleep settings

power & sleep settings: It is absolutely amazing that this question keeps getting asked over and over but never gets resolved. No matter what screen and sleep are set to, computer goes to sleep after one minute of inactivity when I have all four set to NEVER. Responders, no offense, but yes I've...
  8. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  9. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  10. Power And Sleep settings problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power And Sleep settings problem.: Hi. After upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary recently, I'm getting the following problem in Power and Sleep option using screen and sleep. I want to change the “When plugged in turn off after” box from 4 hours to 1 minute. Successfully change then I exit....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown settings sleep

2. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

3. power/shutdown

4. power shutdown,
  5. shutdown settings sleep bat