Windows 10: Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite

Discus and support Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been attempting to get my Carbonite to back up my files. The settings in Carbonite are supposed to prevent the computer from going to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Melinda-stef-law, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite

I have been attempting to get my Carbonite to back up my files. The settings in Carbonite are supposed to prevent the computer from going to sleep while it backs up.

Carbonite is not overriding the normal settings while it backs up, because when I return an hour or so later, my screensaver is running. When this happens, the files stop backing up. I have changed my Windows power settings set to never sleep, and for the screen to never shut down in an attempt to allow Carbonite to back up my files. I left the computer on over the weekend to allow the files to back up, however even after an entire weekend, my files are only backed up 2%. When I'm using the computer, the files remaining keeps ticking down, however at this rate, it'll be next year before the files are completely backed up.

Am I missing something? Is there another place for settings that prevent the computer from sleeping, other than going through the start menu, to settings, to power & sleep, and clicking never on both of these settings?

:)

Melinda-stef-law, Jan 28, 2019

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jan 28, 2019
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite

1. Power & Sleep when backing up computer files to Carbonite - Similar Threads - Power Sleep backing

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  4. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  5. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer

Monitor not going to sleep after powering up the computer: Hello everyone. Quite often I start my computer at work remotely using the WakeOnLan functionality. After such start, the login screen appears and the monitor is turned on. Until I log in to windows, the monitor will not go to sleep and it remains constantly on. Is...
  7. Display wakes up when computer sleeps

Display wakes up when computer sleeps: Hi When I put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep the display keeps waking up every 50 seconds or so even though the PC remain in sleep. After the display have been awake for about 10 seconds it turns off again. Any ideas? Kind regards Mikkel Mortensen...
  8. Power down usb when computer sleeps

Power down usb when computer sleeps: I am unable to get Windows 10 64 bit to power down the USB ports when the computer goes to sleep. Have tried all the power options for the usb root hub in Device Manager. Have tried hibernating as well. I am using an Intel NUC 6i7KYK. I have not tried making changes to...
  9. Carbonite (Case #05140751) trying to back up my files is stating that they can't do that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Carbonite (Case #05140751) trying to back up my files is stating that they can't do that...: Carbonite Co. (Case # 05140751) states they're having a problem backing up my files. HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/carbonite-case-05140751-trying-to-back-up-my-files/19d30af7-4540-4f8b-b1bf-81885613cdd3
  10. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will carbonite restore stop if my computer goes to sleed

2. why does carbonite restore take so long

3. keep backing up while computer goes to sleep

4. does carbonite back up files if computer is sleeping?,
  5. does carbonite back up while sleeping