Windows 10: Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

Discus and support Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/dnadosanddonts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwu163/power_sleep_windows_10_1903_setting_for_screen/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dnadosanddonts, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

/u/dnadosanddonts, Nov 15, 2019

2. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issues with the Windows 10 Sleep, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?

Meanwhile, this issue could be related to the Hybrid sleep and the Fast Startup. Hence, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to turn off Hybrid Sleep:

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options, then click on Change plan settings.
    4. Click on Change advanced power settings and expand
      Sleep
      option.
    5. Now expand Allow hybrid sleep and then change settings to
      Off.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.

Steps to turn off Fast Startup:

1. Click on the Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    7. Click on Save changes. This will turn off fast startup.

Restart the system and check if the issue still persists.

We would also like you to open command prompt (Admin) after the PC wakes up. (Type in Windows search
    CMD and then right click on it, select Run as Administrator)

Then type the command as mentioned in the /lastwake & /energy
    section from this Powercfg command-line
    options
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Screensaver Ignores Power and Sleep Settings

I have had two PCs that are totally ignoring the Screen settings in Power and Sleep. The Screen setting is set to Never, but the screensaver comes on after a minute or so nonetheless.

In one of those PCs, the Sleep setting is being followed. Don't know about the other.

The PCs are custom branded

• Intel DQ35JOE motherboard on the latest BIOS rev
    • Intel Q8200 CPU
    • 4 x 2GB DDR-800 various brands
    • 1 TB HD
    • WiFi card
    • Windows 10 Pro
    System has been tested for 24 hours with Prime95 and no errors are reported.

Ran the Power Troubleshooter and all it did was reset the Screen and Sleep settings to the defaults.

Setting are verified in the Control Panel.

Any ideas?

GreenMenComputers, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

Set Sleep settings in Windows 10

Hello Hamed,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to set sleep settings in the current power plan.

I suggest you to change/customize the screen and sleep settings in Current Power Plan from the Settings in Windows 10. To do so, follow the below steps.

1. Left click on the Start Menu and click on the Settings gear icon. Next, click on the
    System icon.

2. Click on Power & sleep on the left side, and set the
    Screen and Sleep settings to what you want for your current power plan.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not....

1. Power & Sleep Windows 10 (1903) setting for screen set to turn off after 1 hour. It's not.... - Similar Threads - Power Sleep 1903

2. Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working: I have the Power & Sleep setting configured for 2 hours, but the screen never turns off. I recently restarted the computer. Would that have changed the Power & Sleep settings?TIA for your help.SweetTasha....
  3. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  4. A bit confused by power settings, sleep vs screen on & off

A bit confused by power settings, sleep vs screen on & off: Hello,I'm a bit confused as to how power settings work in Windows 10: I've included a screen shot to help illustrate my issue, which is very basic:Should I put the "Screen Turn Off" times earlier than the "Sleep" times? Essentially, I don't understand the order of what...
  5. My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP

My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP: Good Day I have encountered a problem whereby the display turns itself before the time it is set to do so. When this problem first occurred, I thought it was a quick fix solution as Screen Timeout is not really a major problem. I have done research about this particular...
  6. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  7. Power & Sleep settings, won't allow me to set a lesser time for Sleep than Turn Off!

Power & Sleep settings, won't allow me to set a lesser time for Sleep than Turn Off!: Sleep mode is supposed to happen before it Turns Off on my PC. But with the latest and greatest Windows 10 update, it's backwards. It only allows me to set a greater time for Turn Off than Sleep!...
  8. PC sleeps after about 1 1/2 hours but changed settings are ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    PC sleeps after about 1 1/2 hours but changed settings are ignored: Running Win 10 version 1909 I'm reasonably certain I have tried every resolution Google coughed up without success. While the issue is a minor one it is very annoying. I'm hoping someone here might be able to suggest a fix that works. The problem first appeared about 4...
  9. Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting: I have an MSI laptop that I use for streaming, so I leave the computer on almost all the time. I want my monitors to turn off though after a period of inactivity. I have my power plan settings set to turn the monitors off after 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is up, the displays...
  10. Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen does not always turn off according to Power & sleep settings: DESCRIPTION Please advise, I am trying to solve this puzzle.. Basically screen wont always turn off according to the settings set in Power & sleep. Sleep, on the other hand, works. Sometimes monitor will turn off correctly after a set time, say if I set a minute or two...