Windows 10: Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry

Discus and support Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to mess with the registry to try to allow USB wake on my computer and I remember changing one value inside of it but don't remember which. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexanderCrocker, May 27, 2020.

1. Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry

I had to mess with the registry to try to allow USB wake on my computer and I remember changing one value inside of it but don't remember which. The value apparently turned off the power slider but didn't help with the allow USB wake problem even when turning allow USB wake in the BIOS of my Dell laptop. I kind of gave up on trying to wake from USB so I need help on trying to bring that slider back because it is disconcerting not knowing what position it's set to and not being able to enter power save mode.

:)

AlexanderCrocker, May 27, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Power Slider is missing from my Surface Book, tried absolutely every troubleshooting option

Hello,

It could be that there is a component in Windows that is corrupted or damaged, or that an update is needed to be installed on your device. For us to assist you properly about the missing power slider, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Aside from resetting your device twice, can you tell us more about the troubleshooting steps that you have done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.
    • Are you able to change your power plan through Control Panel?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 27, 2020
  3. MikeExp Win User
    Morph. Filt. and Tessellation Missing from 11.2

EastCoastHandle suggested to install the 11.4 preview which I did. Unfortunately this didn't help me at all. The registry key and the tessellation slider are still missing in the options... Anyone got any more ideas?

MikeExp, May 27, 2020
  4. Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry

Fall Creators Update: Missing power mode slider in the taskbar

Hello Mark,

If you have a missing battery slider after the Fall Creators Update, it’s likely because you are using the High Performance power plan. Although it shouldn’t work like that, but it seems that if the high performance plan is enabled, the battery slider disappears.
    The fix in this case is simple; select the Balanced power plan and the slider will come back.

We recommend that you post a report regarding the power mode slider in Microsoft Feedback Hub. To post a report, you may follow the steps provided in this

link

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry

1. Power Slider Missing after Messing with the Registry - Similar Threads - Power Slider Missing

2. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  3. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  4. power mode slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power mode slider: power mode slider in battery icon in taskbar is missing.. what do to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-slider/a425e2e1-ecb6-4c3f-b04f-95c7ce6ad8fb
  5. Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop: Dear, We need to check how "windows performance power slider" missing on AIO/desktop that only has AC. Dose windows performance power slider check ACPI table, SMBIOS table, or any BIOS configurations to decide show or hid? Best Regards, Nick...
  6. Battery Power slider missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  7. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...
  8. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  9. Battery Slider is missing

Battery Slider is missing: Title says it all... After fully formated my laptop,i missing the power slide option which i can select to have high performance/batter saver and so on. Now im stuck with this [ATTACH] and i dont know how to bring it back...
  10. Power Mode Slider

Power Mode Slider: Since the Power Mode Slider can be set differently for Plugged In, and not Plugged In, why would I ever want it set to anything other than Best Performance when Plugged In? 100232