Windows 10: Power State Failure

Discus and support Power State Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did not see anything about fastboot in the UEFI settings. I did see an option for bringing up the boot menu with the F12 key. I enabled that to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike71, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Mike71 Win User

Power State Failure

I did not see anything about fastboot in the UEFI settings. I did see an option for bringing up the boot menu with the F12 key. I enabled that to see what would happen. But once I rebooted and hit F12,. The Hard Drive was the only option. The USB was not listed

Mike71, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Bree New Member

If we knew the make and model we could offer specific advice. It may be that you need to enable Legacy Boot Mode...

Enable Legacy Boot Mode

3. Mike71 Win User
    It's an Acer Aspire ES 15. I did see the Legacy boot mode option. You could choose between UEFI and Legacy . I will try that in the morning. Thank you.

Mike71, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Mike71 Win User

Power State Failure

I was able to select my USB drive in the boot list after enabling Legacy Mode. Running Memtest now.

Mike71, Apr 15, 2017
  5. Mike71 Win User
    I believe you have to do that from within windows. Which I can not boot into.

Memtest was on Pass # 6 when I left this morning with no errors so far.

Mike71, Apr 16, 2017
  6. Mike71 Win User
    11 passes when I got home. Zero errors. Not sure what to do now. I am thinking he may of downloaded something that caused this. Unfortunately it won't let me restore to a previous backup .

Mike71, Apr 16, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Do you know the specs of the system?

8. Mike71 Win User

Power State Failure

The sticker on. It says:

Espire ES 15. ES1-531-P0JJ

Pentium Quad Core Processor N3700 (up to 2.4ghz)
    4GB DDR3 L Memory
    500 GB Hard Drive

Mike71, Apr 17, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Run the Win10PE from Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - - Windows 10 Forums and run HDTune to test the hard drive.

Provide the following results of HDTune please.

10. Mike71 Win User
    Just want to make sure I understand. I burn the Windows Recovery Tool ISO to the usb drive with Modify Winpese. And download HDTune and put that on the same usb drive?

Mike71, Apr 18, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    HDTune is already installed. You put the ISO on a USB, boot from it and run HDTune.

12. Mike71 Win User
    Got the iso burned. Ran HDtune. I clicked Start and got the blue spinning wheel and "not responding". I did not see anything happening. I was able to click the health tab in between the "not responding" hangups and there are numbers there so maybe it did start?

Reallocated sector count Failed. Current (133). Worst (133) Threshold (140). Took a pic see link below.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2628k8z.jpg

Power State Failure [​IMG]

Is the Hard Drive bad and the reason I am getting the "not responding"??

Mike71, Apr 18, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Power State Failure

The hdd needs replacement

14. Mike71 Win User
    Thank you. So if i put a new hard drive in it for him,. How do I go about getting windows back on the new HD? Maybe he has Windows disc that came with the computer?

Mike71, Apr 18, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    It goes by a digital activation, you only need an ISO which you can download from Microsoft, it'll activate automatically

Thema:

Power State Failure

1. Power State Failure - Similar Threads - Power State Failure

2. Driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver power state failure: Hello! I'm here to ask for help about the BSOD, it always shows when I multi task like while I play and open my chrome it will surely popped out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-power-state-failure/c7830252-5196-4c61-9123-887ce16690b2
  3. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Power State Failure: Hello!In the last few weeks, my Dell G3 started to present this error almost daily. I am using Windows 11 and already updated all the drivers. Also, i have installed the latest updates from both Dell and Windows 11. What could i do?Thanks!...
  4. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure: Hello, can anyone analyze this dump file so that I can know what device driver is causing the error. I will really appreciate it. Thank you!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVvntlCedKijkgJqamI8t2hQbG1eab45?usp=sharing...
  5. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Power State Failure: I keep getting this blue screen issue as a regular occurrence when I leave my computer to sleep then return later. After around 10 seconds of operating, the blue screen appears and restarts my PC. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks submitted by /u/DrivenMuffin [link]...
  6. Driver State Power Failure

Driver State Power Failure: I have recently upgraded my pc and I haven't finished yet and ever since I first run it's been lagging on every I do, watching videos and the sound lags with it, playing games, everything lags and its more or less unusable even if I try installing and uninstalling it will...
  7. Power state failure

Power state failure: Hi everyone, I built my first pc 4 months ago, and it works well. But there is this issue that annoys me a lot. Whenever I turn my system on, everything goes well for 5 minutes and the it shows me the blue death screen with a power state failure message, and restart the...
  8. Power state failure

Power state failure: Hi there new to all this, I am experiencing a problem I'm having with my all in one Acer aspire z computer. This is what's happening When I turn my computer on then it loads up all normal so then it asks for my password which I put in then all is loaded after 2 minutes or...
  9. power state driver failure

power state driver failure: Hello, my BSOD only appears while gaming online. I don't really have any other information than the BSOD does state that it is a power state driver failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 40574
  10. Driver State Power Failure

Driver State Power Failure: After I received this message, Windows restarted the computer and I haven't had problems since. Not sure what information would be relevant but would appreciate any help. 69827