Windows 10: Power State Issues Windows 10

Discus and support Power State Issues Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, I've been having power issues in Windows 10 on my desktop. I was unable to shut down my computer, as it would remain on with all of the fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/samtherat6, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Power State Issues Windows 10

Recently, I've been having power issues in Windows 10 on my desktop. I was unable to shut down my computer, as it would remain on with all of the fans ramping up to max. I resolved this issue by making a post in /r/asrock and turned off fast boot. However, I am still unable to put my computer to sleep or hibernate.

I've tried multiple SSDs and PCIE slots on my motherboard, as well as uninstalling Windows 10 Home and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro. I'm not quite sure how to proceed from here, as it seems to be a motherboard issue or a Windows 10 issue. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've also been getting a lot of random blue screens, with different errors. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and others I wasn't able to record in time.

submitted by /u/samtherat6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/samtherat6, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure Issue

Hi,

I realize that you are facing BSOD, let me assist you.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to refer to the below article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I suggest you to check and install all the pending updates (if any) and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Update & security Windows Update.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Install the pending updates (if any).

Also, refer to the article on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10created
    by Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Power State Issues Windows 10

Driver Power State Failure--Windows 10

Hi Henry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bug indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

I suggest you to install the available updates through Windows Update. To check for updates, please follow these steps.

• Press Windows key and type Check for updates.
    • Click on Check for updates and install the available updates.

I also suggest you to update all the drivers on your Windows 10 computer.

Please refer this article by one of the Community Moderator, Andre Da Costa on “How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    ”.

For more information, refer: Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Let us know if the issue occurs again. We'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Power State Issues Windows 10

1. Power State Issues Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Power State Issues

2. Drive Power State Failure Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive Power State Failure Windows 10: Needing help with this. Have tried numerous fixes on the web and on Microsoft community including updating drivers, reinstalling driver, changing power settings, running Driver Verifier, and system File Checker. have also reinstalled windows. Can send mini dump file and...
  3. Power state failure

Power state failure: Hi everyone, I built my first pc 4 months ago, and it works well. But there is this issue that annoys me a lot. Whenever I turn my system on, everything goes well for 5 minutes and the it shows me the blue death screen with a power state failure message, and restart the...
  4. Drive Power State Failure Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Power State Failure Windows 10: I am getting This windows STOP code 2 to 3 times a day and unable to find the solution. All my drivers are fully updated and here is the link to my MiniDump Folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wu3WRT-YvW_Pqj6mBR-h655Zv_jhh-rh....
  5. Power state failure

Power state failure: Hi there new to all this, I am experiencing a problem I'm having with my all in one Acer aspire z computer. This is what's happening When I turn my computer on then it loads up all normal so then it asks for my password which I put in then all is loaded after 2 minutes or...
  6. Windows 10 driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 driver power state failure: Hello, so i updated my drivers on my very old pc 10+ years old and now everytime i turn it on it wont let me in the pc it just saids and it keeps this i cant get in the pc at all what do i do?[IMG]...
  7. driver power state failure Windows 10

driver power state failure Windows 10: This is a very common Windows crash problem but threads on the topic get locked by Microsoft almost immediately and I cannot easily find an open one. I first encountered this problem a year or two ago, and after unsuccessfully attempting to troubleshoot and identify the...
  8. Power state driver failure issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power state driver failure issue: I have had a BSOD a few times on my PC now, it started a few months ago and just had another one while my PC was in sleep mode. I used bluescreenview to check what happened. I'm not super tech savy so I don't understand a lot of this but if anyone could check my dmp file...
  9. power state failure windows 10

power state failure windows 10: Sir, I been facing this issue since last few days and i am uploading minidump file . please advice me what is the problem which i am facing and advice me what to do next Regards Visakh...
  10. Power State Failure

Power State Failure: I am trying to fix a computer for the neighbors kid. It will not boot up at all. Here is what I have tried so far. 1. Repair the disk. It took several hours and failed at the end. 2. Restore from a backup. Same as above. Failed at the end 3. Reset PC (keeping files...