Windows 10: Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit?

Discus and support Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having the problem that in the GTA and Fallout 4 games, I'm constantly dropping below 60fps and sometimes even around 40 fps... This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J1102, Jun 13, 2020.

1. J1102 Win User

Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit?

Hi, I'm having the problem that in the GTA and Fallout 4 games, I'm constantly dropping below 60fps and sometimes even around 40 fps... This is incomprehensible for me, because my CPU (I7 7700k) is mostly used only 70% on the highest core... the GPU ( RTX 2070 ) is accumulating at only 30-45%. It doesn't matter if I set the graphics settings to ultra or low. This increases the Fps only by 5fps.

I noticed that my graphics card is permanently in the voltage limit.

My pc is neither overheating nor missing drivers, because I have already completely uninstalled and re-downloaded my graphics drivers and keep them always up to date.

I also reinstalled my windows and gta several times.

In the past, I used to get around 120 fps at high - ultra settings in gta with the same hardware.

By the way, it is ONLY in gta and fallout 4 nowhere else. Metro exodus, for example, I can play smoothly on ultra.

My guess would be that the power supply (a bequiet with 800watt) is defective.

If you have any ideas please let us know

Thanks in advance

:)

J1102, Jun 13, 2020

2. Charging My Lumia 520 with High Speed Power Bank (Portable Power Supply)

Folks.

The phones have their own internal regulated supply to charge the battery. This has both voltage and current loops. as such Martin 520 is correct. You can plug ANY current rated supply into the phone and it will take only that which is needed.

The problems would occur if you connected the 5V 2.1A charger DIRECT to the battery and not go through the phones charging circuit. Li-Ion batteries have two distinct charging phases the first will be in current loop, limited to around 300mA once the battery
    voltage reaches 4.25 V this current draw will start to drop. (The 3.7V stated on the BL-5J is the nominal voltage level)

So, you should NEVER connect a 5 v supply to the battery as this is above the charging voltage.

I have done some experiments with a regulated power supply and at 5V the phone draws around 250mA No matter what the current capability of the power supply (mine was set to 10A) I set the current loop of the power supply to 200mA and voltage to 4.25 on
    a fully discharged battery and this did indeed take more time to charge than going through the phone thus as stated earlier the phone is providing around 300mA in the initial current loop phase of charging.

I do hope this clears things up.

KeithPopely, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Thema:

1. Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit? - Similar Threads - Power supply defective

2. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply problem: I get Bsod everyday but i dont get them much i only get bsod like 2-3 times and my pc will work fine,my drivers are all up to date and so is my bios ,my hardware is good but my Power suppy is 4 years and gonna be 5 this april,should i buy a new power supply because i kinda...
  3. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply problem: I get Bsod everyday but i dont get them much i only get bsod like 2-3 times and my pc will work fine,my drivers are all up to date and so is my bios ,my hardware is good but my Power suppy is 4 years and gonna be 5 this april,should i buy a new power supply because i kinda...
  4. Power supply problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  6. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  7. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Power supply noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power supply noise: Guys, I built this PC about 2 years ago. Since about a week or so the power supply in it started making this noise. I'm guessing it's a fan. I tried to record it with my phone: Power Supply Noise by | Free Listening on SoundCloud Any idea if I can repair it without buying a...
  9. ATX power supply

ATX power supply: Hey, I have a ATX powersuply, that making a "tiking" sound i can't lacate what it is. my first though was capacitor. and maybe not. The weird this is it's only sometimes when i power on the computer. any wise ideas? 141087
  10. Power supply problem

Power supply problem: Hi, I recently got a new PSU as my other one blew up. However I seem to be having problems with my new one, where my PC will turn on, Windows will be laggy for about 5 minutes and then computer just shuts itself off. I turn the PC back on, and it barley makes it to the...