Windows 10: Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem.

Discus and support Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use my computer for work, and sometimes to play some games aswell as I tend to get bored throughout the day. All of a sudden this morning, I keep on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by H0ndaC1vic, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem.

I use my computer for work, and sometimes to play some games aswell as I tend to get bored throughout the day. All of a sudden this morning, I keep on getting “Power surge in USB port” in my messages, every 3 seconds. Not only is it annoying, but I can’t use my mouse on my laptop. I’ve tried everything from restarting my laptop, troubleshooting and even RESETTING the entire system. I’ve watched every video, read every article, I still can’t find a solution other than physically going to repair my laptop. Why does this keep happening?

:)

H0ndaC1vic, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Scramjet Win User

Power surge on the USB port

Hi All,
    I just upgraded my computer case to a full tower. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK.
    Since I did that when I cold boot my computer I get the error pop on the screen: " Power surge on the USB port Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply". There is no indication in the Device Manager that there is a problem and the 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0 drive slots on front panel are working perfect.

I have tried several Google fixes but still happening *Sad I am still searching.
    The only thing that is different from my older tower is the USB 3.0 cable which I plugged into a USB connector on the motherboard Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1.
    Attaching a pic of error on screen.

Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem. [​IMG]

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scramjet, Apr 30, 2020
  3. power surge on usb port pop up

Hello Peggylee53,

My name is Paul one of the Community Expert and a Windows user like you. I do apologize that you are having an issue with a notification of power surge on USB even though when nothing happened.

First Thing that we need to do is:

Disconnect all USB peripheral equipment from your Laptop. Then, click the Reset button on the computer screen.

After reset, we recommend you to reboot your operating system and reconnect the USB device to your computer to see if the power surge on the USB port error persists.

Step#2: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

Hardware Troubleshooter is a utility that comes with Windows 10. With it, you can detect and fix problems with hardware. When encountering power surge on the USB port, you can try this tool to solve your error.

* Input troubleshoot in the search bar and click this tool to the Troubleshoot page.

* Find Hardware and Devices and choose Run the troubleshooter.

* Then, this tool will scan the hardware and fix found problems.

Step#3: Reinstall the USB Device Driver

* Click Start and search for device manager and run as admin.

* Click Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on each driver and click Uninstall device.

* Restart the PC for the changes to take effect (Each device will going to reinstall automatically once windows is back to the desktop).

Please let me know if the above steps worked for you or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem.

Power surge on the USB port

Hie..

I m Nishant.

i using Dell insprion 5558.

i have windows 10 Home single language.

i facing a problem of Power surge on the USB port again and again.

i have 3 USB port .. bt one of them not working due to this error.

Help to sort out of this error..

NishantTailor, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem.

1. Power surge on the USB port - Cannot solve this problem. - Similar Threads - Power surge USB

2. Power surge on the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port: Hello I'm getting this ErrorPower surge on the USB port – Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply.A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device.I tried:-troubleshoot-to delete Universal...
  3. "Power Surge on USB Port" Error

"Power Surge on USB Port" Error: I've been using my same Xbox One controller for years now, but tonight I tried using it with a USB extender and now I am getting the "Power Surge on USB Port" error when I plug the controller in. I do not get this error when plugging other devices into the USB, so I know the...
  4. power surge on the usb port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power surge on the usb port: for the past few days ive noticed that my legion 5 is always dead when i want to turn it on. i noticed when i plugged in power and turn on my laptop, i always received a notification saying power surge on the usb port. i only have my logitech g304 plugged in so i unplug and...
  5. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: power surge on usb port unknown usb device needs more power, i tried every solution, tried to reinstall the drivers, 5 mins ago replaced the keyboard and mouse and i'm still getting it, not sure why, maybe i need to update bios or something, i tried literally everything, it...
  6. Power surge on USB port

Power surge on USB port: Power surge on USB port keeps flashing, Unknown usb device using more power than port can supply. Tried reboot, nothing has been plugged in but AC cord. Once unplugged this happens....
  7. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi I'm having a repeatedly flashing warning 'Power surge on the USB port' with the detail 'Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply'. I've tried reinstalling USB drivers and restarted many times. I also found some instructions online to go into the boot...
  8. Power Surge on the USB port.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Surge on the USB port.: Help, when I plug in a USB on my laptop, the power surge thong pops up every time. I tried all of the videos suggestions and I’m out of ideas. Could someone help me. submitted by /u/kylerc734 [link] [comments]...
  9. Power surge on the USB port

Power surge on the USB port: Hi All, I just upgraded my computer case to a full tower. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK. Since I did that when I cold boot my computer I get the error pop on the screen: " Power surge on the USB port Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can...
  10. Power Surge on the USB port

Power Surge on the USB port: I plugged in my printer one time the other day and now I get this pop up all the time. It says Power Surge on the USB port unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply. I don't know what to do to get rid of it. I don't have my printer hooked up. When I put...