Windows 10: Power surge

Discus and support Power surge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just moved and set up my PC again but when I try to plug in my Microphone in Snowball Black iCE USB Microphone it says "Power surge on the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Custumz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Custumz Win User

Power surge

I've just moved and set up my PC again but when I try to plug in my Microphone in Snowball Black iCE USB Microphone it says "Power surge on the USB port ..." after I click on it it says "A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device. ..." I've tried every youtube video and done what I can disabling power turning off and stuff but nothing is working, what do I do?

:)

Custumz, Mar 29, 2020
  2. O1039 Win User

Power surge

USB power surge and now USB is not working

O1039, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Power surge now Ethernet connection says no IP address

Hello,

As the power surge is a dangerous happening that will surely affect your device as well as the Ethernet, here are the steps we suggest that you do in order to be connected to the internet again:

• Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands.
    • Update the network adapter driver.
    • If that doesn't work, roll back the network adapter driver.
    • Temporarily turn off firewalls.
    • Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware-prevention software.
    • Uninstall the network adapter driver and restart.
    • Use network reset to reinstall network devices. Note that this step is the last option if the first six steps doesn't really work.

For instructions regarding the above steps, you may refer to this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Karla Alm, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Ken Blake Win User

Power surge

Did Power Surge Kill It?

I'm against using a surge protector. There are dozens of inexpensive so-called "surge protectors" on the market, but they are really nothing more than fancy extension cords. A $55 UPS doesn't cost much more than a real surge protector, and it protects against
    much more than surges. Yes, surges may be less common than power failure, but protecting against power failure not only protects against hardware failure, but also against data loss.

Yes, the UPS battery has be replaced every few years, but divide the battery cost by the number of year one lasts and it's only a few dollars per year.

Ken Blake, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Power surge

1. Power surge - Similar Threads - Power surge

2. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  3. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...: Hello,After a power surge last night, my PC no longer boots beyond the BIOS, and becomes stuck at the circling dots screen. After a number of resets, I will get a "Preparing Automatic Repair", but it never goes farther.On VERY rare occasions twice out of ~20 times, I have...
  4. Windows 10 - After power surge, Windows loads forever with Preparing Automatic Repair,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. computer USB power surge issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer USB power surge issue: alright, so. i unplugged my PS4 controller charger for a while, to use it for something else. and now whenever i plug it back in, it power surge's the usb port and no matter how much times i try to do ANYTHING, even close it, it gives me power surge notifications even after i...
  6. computer USB power surge issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer USB power surge issue: alright, so. i unplugged my PS4 controller charger for a while, to use it for something else. and now whenever i plug it back in, it power surge's the usb port and no matter how much times i try to do ANYTHING, even close it, it gives me power surge notifications even after i...
  7. computer USB power surge issue

8. Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...: Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from MicrosoftRetail Code and after a power surge and fixing everything that got fried I'm told I have to use my Home key = Look I paid alot of money for my Retail Code,...
  9. Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...

Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License,...: Power Surge Fried my Stuff PC include and Microsoft deactivated my Windows 11 Pro License, bought directly from MicrosoftRetail Code and after a power surge and fixing everything that got fried I'm told I have to use my Home key = Look I paid alot of money for my Retail Code,...
  10. My fifine mic says power surge usb port every time i plug it in. I have tried fixing it but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My fifine mic says power surge usb port every time i plug it in. I have tried fixing it but...: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fifine-mic-says-power-surge-usb-port-every-time/82cf4925-358f-46e7-bc73-15971db5457c