Windows 10: Power then Shut down Buttons

Discus and support Power then Shut down Buttons in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnthonyGraham9, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Power then Shut down Buttons

My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep

Update and Shut Down and

Update and Restart

When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after Full Restart to get to Shut Down.

When I click on "Update and Restart " the machine goes into Restart OK.

There are no messages on any updating taking place at any time.

How do I get back to the usual "Sleep, Shut down and Restart" format?

Thank you, Dear Forum Readers. This is for Windows 10.

Tony G. at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

AnthonyGraham9, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Power then Shut down Buttons

1. Power then Shut down Buttons - Similar Threads - Power Shut down

2. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  3. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  4. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  5. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  6. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN

Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 SFF and ever since my I installed a Windows update, when I shutdown my computer the Power Button LED remains white, basically making it impossible for me to tell when it is on/off.I've had this computer for like two months and this has never...
  8. Power Button keep shutting down PC

Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  9. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  10. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...