Windows 10: power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

Discus and support power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartinBoaman, Jan 10, 2019.

1. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the power cycling my laptop as well as power troubleshooting.

:)

MartinBoaman, Jan 10, 2019

2. battery to AC power?

How do I get my PC to run on AC power and not the battery when plugged in?

PatriciaMock, Jan 10, 2019
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jan 10, 2019
  4. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

battery to AC power?

Hi Patricia,

I would inform you that when a AC adapter is connected to a laptop, the battery gets charged till 100% and the connection between the AC adapter and battery is cut. After the battery is completely charged, laptop only uses AC supply.

The other option is to remove the battery and plug the AC Adapter. Now the laptop only uses AC supply.

However, if you want to disable battery charging while the AC adapter is connected, you have a option in Battery Meter (in Control Panel or click on battery icon on taskbar). Once you enable that option battery will stop charging
    even if the AC adapter is connected. Once you reboot the system, battery will automatically start charging normally.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

1. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in - Similar Threads - power toggles between

2. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging: The fix is impossible for my laptop as I cannot remove the battery as per and I don't want to break my laptop to remove the battery for a software fix.Could you please fix this issue in the latest windows patch? it's very frustrating for windows users and many people were...
  3. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging: The fix is impossible for my laptop as I cannot remove the battery as per and I don't want to break my laptop to remove the battery for a software fix.Could you please fix this issue in the latest windows patch? it's very frustrating for windows users and many people were...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  6. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging Windows 10: Hi, this is same as a closed thread, but it started happening to me today, after I ran the latest Windows 10 update.What I did I don't know if there are any negative consequences to this was disable the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", under "Batteries" on...
  7. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging Windows 10

Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging Windows 10: Hi, this is same as a closed thread, but it started happening to me today, after I ran the latest Windows 10 update.What I did I don't know if there are any negative consequences to this was disable the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery", under "Batteries" on...
  8. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings between Battery-powered and Plugged-in not changing: Hi there. Recently I have noticed that the settings for both battery-powered and plugged-in statuses have changed. For example, my brightness level used to be at 50% when I have it on battery, and 100% for when plugged in. However, something changed recently to where this no...
  10. Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery constantly toggle between plugged in and not charging (Windows 10): Hi, I've read online on this specific issue (as per my tittle) and this issue has been happening for many people and it's not hardware related and it apply to many different laptop brands. It is frustrating for windows users. The fix is impossible for my laptop as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the power cycling my laptop as well as power troubleshooting.

2. iphone toggles between battery charging and meter