Windows 10: Power up the pc - need to restart

Discus and support Power up the pc - need to restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has been going on for some time now. I power on the pc. When it comes up and I click on a browser in the Desktop, the tabs don't work properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ventanasguy, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Power up the pc - need to restart

This has been going on for some time now.

I power on the pc.
    When it comes up and I click on a browser in the Desktop, the tabs don't work properly (they close when they should open), minimize and maximize don't work, etc.
    I resolve it by doing a Restart. Then everything works properly.

It's as though something is not being resolved properly prior to the shutdown. Then the next time I power up, the browsers are not functioning right, and require a Restart to fix.

Happens every time after I shut down my pc.

Any thoughts on this one? Thanks!!

:)

ventanasguy, Aug 16, 2015

2. PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEED TO RESTART. ERROR: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Hi Kalpana,

I have been on more than five different working PCs, trying to create Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft software download website, but I am unable to do it.

This is what happens in the Windows 10 setup dialogue box:

I clicked on dowload tool tab;

I saved MediaCreationTool.exe, and run it;

I selected create installation media for another PC;

I selected language, edition, and architecture;

In which media to use, I selected USB flash drive;

I connected my USB flash drive, and clicked on next;

It says Refresh drive list, We can't find a USB flash drive.

On five different PCs, that's what happens.

So, I can't create installation media as I always end up to the above message.

I wonder how people can manage to create it by downloading the tool from Microsoft website.

Maybe something is missing on my way of dowloading. Please, could you tell me wha is wrong.

MusengeKasereka, Aug 16, 2015
  3. PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEED TO RESTART. ERROR: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

On upgrading to window 10, I have problem as PC doesn`t work any more.

When switching PC on, I first get HP logo then it goes to give the following messages:

Processor Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz

Processor speed: 2600MHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache Size: 64KBx2 / 256KBx2 / 3072KB

Memory Size: 4096MB DDR3 / 1066 MHZ / Single Channel

Channel A: XMM1 0 MB

Channel B: XMM3 4096 MB

BIOS Revision/Date: v7.11 08/23/2011

1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure.

Failing Drive: SATAO

Failing Attribute: # 05.

F1 : Boot

When pressing F1, it says your PC ran into a problem and need to restart. we`ll restart for you. error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.
    Then goes back to the previous message with F1:Boot.

When pressing F1 again, it says diagnosing PC then goes straight to Automatic Repair, which says
    Your PC did not start correctly and suggest to restart PC again or press Advanced options.

When pressing restart, it goes back to the first message with F1, and same procedure again.

When using Advanced options, Troubleshoot, it gives two options:
    Reset PC and Advanced options.

When opting Reset PC, it says the drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

So, how do I have to unlock the drive?

When opting Advanced options, Go back to the previous build,
    it says we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous build.

When opting System Restore, it says no restore points have been created on your computer system drive.

When using Startup Repair, it says Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC.

Log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

When using Startup Settings, it goes back to the first message with F1:boot option.

So, I am stuck and I need assistance with how to unlock drive and more importantly how to disable the F1:boot and to sort out the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

MusengeKasereka, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Power up the pc - need to restart

1. Power up the pc - need to restart - Similar Threads - Power need restart

2. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC needs to restart: Everyday I need to deal with this issue and it is not being fix. I use my PC and stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days to check if the issue will comeback well guess...
  3. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to restart: Everyday I need to deal with this issue and it is not being fix. I use my PC and stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days to check if the issue will comeback well guess...
  4. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC unexpectedly restarts/loses power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unexpectedly restarts/loses power: Hi there,I've been having this issue now for over a year, where my PC unexpectedly restarts or loses power. It's as if the PC loses power and automatically restarts itself. 1/4 times it always restarts, but every 4th time or so it will fail to restart and just hold a black...
  6. PC unexpectedly restarts/loses power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unexpectedly restarts/loses power: Hi there,I've been having this issue now for over a year, where my PC unexpectedly restarts or loses power. It's as if the PC loses power and automatically restarts itself. 1/4 times it always restarts, but every 4th time or so it will fail to restart and just hold a black...
  7. Restart Required: Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart Required: Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices: [ATTACH] Whenever I start my laptop I get the same notification that your PC needs to restart to finish setting up devices. I have restarted numerous times. Windows is updated regularly. Windows update troubleshooter shows no problem. I have contacted Customer Care...
  8. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Support
    Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually. 2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message: Your pc...
  9. PC Needs to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Needs to Restart: , I came home to find a blue screen with message PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Computer restarts again and I get the message Windows didn't load correctly with See advanced repair options or Restart my PC...
  10. system restart when powering up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restart when powering up: Hello -- Since my last windows update on 8/15 I been having issue with my win10 system. It running win10 / 1903 (32bit) The update include KB4512508 and the the malware update -- I did restart and there was and issue and the system did some sort of repair ---...