Windows 10: Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds

Discus and support Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All of a sudden a few weeks ago, my time from power on to password screen went from 20 seconds to over 100 seconds. I have made no hardware changes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Randysea, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Randysea Win User

Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds

All of a sudden a few weeks ago, my time from power on to password screen went from 20 seconds to over 100 seconds. I have made no hardware changes. The only recent software changes were upgrading Acrobat Pro from 9 to 11 and Office Pro from 2013 to 2016. I can't say if the boot time changed exactly when either of those software products were upgraded.

This happened last August. I went through all the steps recommended by the kind folks here except updating my video driver. It just was not possible. After a month or two, the problem self corrected. I have to think it was both caused and cured by Windows updates.

I would appreciate anyone taking a look at my WPR file to see if there is anything that stands out, other than that video driver being out of date.

Thank you.

:)

Randysea, Feb 9, 2019

2. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but nothing on the screen, except the very first time it displayed an "entering power saver mode" message) and
    then powers off (power light goes off). Several seconds later, the computer turns the power back on by itself and the process is repeated, endlessly, with a blank screen. Tried forced power off and then unplugging power, disconnecting all peripherals, restarting
    with nothing connected - still the same thing. Any suggestions (short of explosives)?

ClaireHolliday1, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 9, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My Laptop turns off after 5 seconds....

Hi Norelle, can you please try the following steps for me:

• Remove the battery
    • Disconnect the Power lead
    • Press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds
    • Connect the Power lead
    • Re-insert the Battery
    • Turn your System on

DaveM121, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds - Similar Threads - Power went seconds

2. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  3. csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up: since yesterday i upgraded to windows 11. everything was fine and worked good. then i started up csgo, noticed it took so long to start up. like 20 seconds what was in win10 only like 2/3 seconds. i tryed to reinstal csgo. steam or even today did a clean reinstal of...
  4. csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up: since yesterday i upgraded to windows 11. everything was fine and worked good. then i started up csgo, noticed it took so long to start up. like 20 seconds what was in win10 only like 2/3 seconds. i tryed to reinstal csgo. steam or even today did a clean reinstal of...
  5. Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings: I'm at my wits' end. I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad, which was updated to Windows 11 right out of the box.The power plan settings are all on a pretty standard configuration. It says it should be waiting around 10 minutes before sleeping. Instead, it sleeps after only 20 seconds...
  6. Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings: I'm at my wits' end. I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad, which was updated to Windows 11 right out of the box.The power plan settings are all on a pretty standard configuration. It says it should be waiting around 10 minutes before sleeping. Instead, it sleeps after only 20 seconds...
  7. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  8. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  9. Google takes 20 seconds to boot up

in Browsers and Email
    Google takes 20 seconds to boot up: Google takes 20 seconds to boot up. I get an error message "Internet E. restricted this webpage and can't run ActiveX " 176019
  10. 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze: My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows that the usage of my SSD drops to zero but task manager shows 100% disk usage. I noticed that although the image freezes;...