Windows 10: Power usage

Discus and support Power usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Toshiba Satellite will show full battery one minute and in 5 min. will send message that battery is low and needs charged. Do I need to buy a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CJ Easton, Dec 25, 2018.

1. CJ Easton Win User

Power usage

My Toshiba Satellite will show full battery one minute and in 5 min. will send message that battery is low and needs charged. Do I need to buy a new battery (3 yrs) or has Microsoft done something to cause this? I am not getting a light when I power up like I did before. Thanks for any help you can give me.

:)

CJ Easton, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Power usage

after installing win 10, my computer freezes up when starting

Hi,

I suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Click on Windows logo
    • Type Troubleshooting
    • Under System and Security Click Power usage
    • Let the troubleshooter run.
    If the above method does not help resolve the issue, then try the below:

• Click on Windows logo
    • Type Power Options.
    • Click Create a Power Plan

Create a new Power plan and check

Vinod Archak, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Power usage

1. Power usage - Similar Threads - Power usage

2. If Automatic color management is turned on for Display 2, does that increase power usage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Automatic color management is turned on for Display 2, does that increase power usage...: Using an HP W2082a monitor as Display 2 on a Windows 11 laptop, to get the HP monitor to work correctly, I manually turned automatic color management hereinafter "ACM" on, each time I started Windows or took it out of sleep mode, and turned it off shortly after, since once...
  3. If Automatic color management is turned on for Display 2, does that increase power usage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If Automatic color management is turned on for Display 2, does that increase power usage...: Using an HP W2082a monitor as Display 2 on a Windows 11 laptop, to get the HP monitor to work correctly, I manually turned automatic color management hereinafter "ACM" on, each time I started Windows or took it out of sleep mode, and turned it off shortly after, since once...
  4. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  5. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  6. My Power Usage on Task Manger is Very high on chrome and other games and my screen turns on...

My Power Usage on Task Manger is Very high on chrome and other games and my screen turns on...: My Screen has been turning on and off lately. I suspect a Virus but i did Virus scan throug Windows and through TotalAV but there were none. But the Problem keeps happening and the Power Usage is mostly always on very high and GPU is on 100% in Forza Horizon 5....
  7. My Power Usage on Task Manger is Very high on chrome and other games and my screen turns on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Power Usage on Task Manger is Very high on chrome and other games and my screen turns on...: My Screen has been turning on and off lately. I suspect a Virus but i did Virus scan throug Windows and through TotalAV but there were none. But the Problem keeps happening and the Power Usage is mostly always on very high and GPU is on 100% in Forza Horizon 5....
  8. My Power Usage on Task Manger is Very high on chrome and other games and my screen turns on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high

Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high: As you can see above, Antimalware Service Excutable power usage is very high and my laptop makes a fan noise all-day long. It's very stressful. It was ok up until several weeks ago, but it's been louder since I updated at some point. I've done everything that people...
  10. Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high: As you can see above, Antimalware Service Excutable power usage is very high and my laptop makes a fan noise all-day long. It's very stressful. It was ok up until several weeks ago, but it's been louder since I updated at some point. I've done everything that people...