Windows 10: Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update.

Discus and support Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Version 2004 OS Build 19041.421 After updating to version 2004 the Power User Menu has reduced operability which was observed on 2 separate machines.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vbPhil, Aug 4, 2020.

1. vbPhil Win User

Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update.

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.421

After updating to version 2004 the Power User Menu has reduced operability which was observed on 2 separate machines. Not all the links are working. Links that point to the Window Settings windows are okay. The broken links all point to the Windows/System32 folder, in case that's a clue.

The shortcut links for this menu are stored in the User's \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX folder. Launching the links from that location works fine.

Crossed out items below are the links not working.

Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update. 2c0e0b8f-cfcb-4d9e-8d54-52e0501d7883?upload=true.jpg

:)

vbPhil, Aug 4, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 4, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update.

user missing after latest win10 updates

After todays update of win10, lost one of the user where all the data was stored. Kindly suggest how to restore the user or recover the data..

AarvyGoyal, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update.

1. Power User Menu links broke after Win10 2004 update. - Similar Threads - Power User Menu

2. start menu tiles win10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu tiles win10 version 2004: I am a long time reader of this forum. Never posted but find it very informative. It this time I am looking for a little help with a problem I created. I have been using a little program called "Pin It" by a Sergi But... Absolutely love it, but I accidentally deleted it the...
  3. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  4. Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile: Hello everyone, my system automatically installed the newest windows update at 16.08.2020 with a restart. I immediately noticed that some minor changes/bugs appeared profile picture is a "pixelated placeholder" and the lock screen function does not work anymore. I could log...
  5. Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile: I have two profiles, one not recognised and one not shown. Cannot login! What to do to access my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-2004-update-does-not-recognise-my-user/f52a3d45-5d75-435b-a835-31b3854112cf
  6. Win10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 2004: Beim Update auf win10 2004 kommt die Fehlermeldung 0x80242016. was soll ich tun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-2004/0c0cbcb0-f31f-4073-8772-5d89278bd74a
  7. 2004 Update broke wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2004 Update broke wifi: After the 2004 update my Wifi has square boxes in the icon. The 2G network connects and is secured but no network THe 5G connects fine but it is slow as it is further away. I have updated the adapter which is intel ac 9560 to the latest driver. No go, then uninstalled and...
  8. Win10 Update 2004 broke indexer "disable backoff" setting?

in Cortana
    Win10 Update 2004 broke indexer "disable backoff" setting?: Noticed a change in the behavior of the search indexer after the Win10 2004 update. I have "Disable indexer backoff" set to "Enabled" via gpedit.msc. Before the update, this would force the indexer to run continuously until indexing was done--even if the PC was in use or...
  9. Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.: Does anyone know if there's a command that can be pasted into a shortcut; That opens the power menu or user menu? I.e where you sign out or lock your computer. The shortcut is meant to be on the desktop. Some screenshots showing what menus I'm referring to. [img]...
  10. Links in the user's start menu are not executed

in Windows 10 Support
    Links in the user's start menu are not executed: Hi there, The title says it all: The two links in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup are not executed at startup as they should be. But I have no issue navigating to the folder and 2-clicking on each link. TIA 82246