Windows 10: Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD

Discus and support Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was installing Forza Horizon 4 when my power went out. When my PC turned back on I tried to continue with the install but it said there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hazmat, Aug 1, 2020.

1. hazmat Win User

Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD

I was installing Forza Horizon 4 when my power went out. When my PC turned back on I tried to continue with the install but it said there was insufficient space on my SSD.

There were 100 gigs available when I began the install but now it says there are less than 30, which means that storage space is being held by the previous Forza install, but there is nothing in my queue to cancel, and no install of the game to remove.

Is there a cache folder somewhere that I can delete to free up that saved space?

:)

hazmat, Aug 1, 2020
  2. R4H
    R4h Win User

Partial download of Forza Horizon 4 will not delete.

Hello there!

I am having problems with uninstalling partially downloaded files from my computer.

What Happened:

• I was downloading Forza Horizon 4 from the XBOX beta app on my PC but then my house had a power-cut.
    • This turned my PC off and the download was stopped.
    • When my PC was turned back on, 45GB was taken up on my SSD.
    • The XBOX beta app and the Microsoft store app do not show that Forza Horizon 4 has been installed so I cannot click uninstall to remove the files.
    • I cannot find Forza Horizon 4 anywhere on my PC even through the Apps and Features menu.
    • After some digging I found "Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame" this was the Forza horizon 4 file.
    • I cannot delete this as it requires permission from "SYSTEM" to delete.
    • I am using my own PC that I have built.
    • I have tried to solve this issue by changing the security details in the property tab of the file.
    • However this still would not work.
    Is there any way I can uninstall these files?

Thanks Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD :)

3. Splinter Win User
    Backup of Forza Horizon 4

Hello to all here,

i want to backup my Forza Horizon 4 which is installed to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps. I used the build in backup functionality of Windows 10 to back it up. If i now will make a fresh Windows 10 installation and then restore my backup back to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps will Forza Horizon 4 be recognized as installed on my new system? What happens if this fails? If it fails i have no possibilty to delete the 70gb of the restauration because i have no access to the WindowsApps Folder which means i have to reinstall Windows 10 again.

Did somebody already tried to backup and restore Windows 10 Apps successfully?

Greetings

Splinter, Aug 1, 2020
  4. DJSteen Win User

Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD

Uninstalled forza horizon 4 but gained no disk space

i had forza horizon 4 on pc (xbox game pass) i went to uninstalled it via right clicking it's icon in the start menu, the game is gone but i haven't gained any disc space

DJSteen, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Power went out during Forza Horizon 4 install, now that space is permanently taken on my SSD - Similar Threads - Power went during

2. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: Hello, i bought forza horizon for over 3 months now and i tried installing it from microsoft store several times. Usually it takes some hours to download the full 79 gb game but at the end it would give an error and have to do it again only to see the same error. Today i...
  3. Error code during installing Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code during installing Forza Horizon 4: I've bought Forza Horizon 4 but it keep having the error code of 0x803FB107during installing the game, I've tried all the solution appeared on the Microsoft community, but still cannot solve the problem, I feel really frustrated that I cannot play the game even though I paid...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: i bought the game with the 50% discount from the microsoft store, but no matter what i do i cannot get the game to download i select my HardDrive to download to, wich has enough space for the game to fit, and nothing happens. I just go back to the store page i tried...
  5. Forza horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forza horizon 4 not installing: I bought forza horizon 4 and it confirms that i bought it on the microsoft store but there is no way to install the game. I tried to install it to both the options it gave me and neither of them worked and microsoft help tells me to copy the game but there is no way to copy...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: I just bought FH4 from the Microsoft Store but I can`t install it. When I click the Install button on the game page it does the animation but it doesn`t start, I tried doing a Clean Boot and reloging into the MS Store account but none of those two worked. I don`t know if it...
  7. BSOD during Forza Horizon 4.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during Forza Horizon 4.: Recently during after the Afternoon Time, I had received one BSOD while playing Forza Horizon 4 around the UK City doing one Solo Race. I could hear the repeat glitch within the Music during that time and then the BSOD had appeared with the frowning face. Did one Memory Test...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !: Hey ... I have a small problem, premiere forza, etc. I started a happy game ... I play, I play ... And suddenly ... Crash - the game has freeza for a second and gray screen and s*** ... Played Crashes to the desktopafter playing ... Can you help me? The same problem I had...
  10. Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo: When I go to download the demo I select my computer to install and it says "we're trying to install to the selected device(s)" and gives me the option to click ok but no downloading or installation progress bar and I cannot find Forza anywhere on my computer or in the windows...