Windows 10: Power went out, event log inside.

Discus and support Power went out, event log inside. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my power went out suddenly the other night and my system was acting sluggish, freezing and giving me a lovely BSOD at least 4 times a day since. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delphinus, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Delphinus Win User

Power went out, event log inside.

So my power went out suddenly the other night and my system was acting sluggish, freezing and giving me a lovely BSOD at least 4 times a day since. I ended up doing a chkdsk on boot, once I was finally able to get into windows and schedule it on the next reboot. Any idea what else I can do to check for any errors chkdsk may have missed? I think I have it sorted, but want to be safe. This was the report from when the power went out. Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 154Parameter 1: ffff92896d426000Parameter 2: ffffa78241d96030Parameter 3: 2Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033 The SSD it happened to is an ADATA USA Ultimate Su800 1TB. - - - Updated - - - I'm also getting this when I try to open system error log. - - - Updated - - - If I unload the Snapin the area just goes blank white. It's starting to feel like Vietnam all over again,

:)

Delphinus, Jul 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update Results in "Internal Power Error" on Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop

Hi,

We would suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and also provide the event viewer and dump files to further troubleshoot the issue.

Try these steps to run the Power troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting from the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click view all from the left pane and click Power.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

Provide us the event viewer logs to know more about the event errors that is caused in the computer.

• Press Win + X key on the keyboard and select
      Event Viewer.
    • Click Application logs on the left pane and provide us the events here to further analyze the issue.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jul 12, 2021
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Power went out, event log inside.

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Power went out, event log inside.

1. Power went out, event log inside. - Similar Threads - Power went event

2. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  3. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  4. After resting my pc and my power went out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resting my pc and my power went out: So when I was going to reset everything on my pc it was resetting them my power went out and it says I need to put in a portable hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resting-my-pc-and-my-power-went-out/7716026d-e9de-422d-9f2d-0c9889a5a64f
  5. After resting my pc and my power went out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After resting my pc and my power went out: So when I was going to reset everything on my pc it was resetting them my power went out and it says I need to put in a portable hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resting-my-pc-and-my-power-went-out/7716026d-e9de-422d-9f2d-0c9889a5a64f
  6. Event Viewer logging only since last power on

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer logging only since last power on: I'm experiencing this weird freezing issue where I could be playing a game and suddenly everything will pause, and yet some parts of programs will be active. Such as in Battlefront II just now, I could move the camera around my character as he was frozen mid-run, but...
  7. Power went out mid install... HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power went out mid install... HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keale_e [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh6dzv/power_went_out_mid_install_help/
  8. PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Restarted, Kernel Power in event log and no minidump: My PC randomly restarted after few hours. I tried to enable the minidump but nothing happen. In the event view log, I found a kernel power event when the system restarted. Any ideas about the problem with my pc *cry*cry ? Specs of my PC: Gigabyte B360M Aorus Gaming 3 Intel...
  9. Power went out during October 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power went out during October 10 update: My power went out during an update yesterday, and now my wifes computer won't completely boot up into Windows. It will get into the logon screen, but after entering the password, it starts loading Windows, then goes mostly black with the hourglass blinking on and off every...
  10. Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts: I have two WD Blue 1T Drives. One was filling up with pictures and games used by three people, plus all the apps, so I was going to do a clean install, and put all user files on the second WD Blue 1T drive. (I bought the second over a year ago with intentions of doing it...