Windows 10: PowerBI Setup User issue

Discus and support PowerBI Setup User issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am very new to Microsoft PowerBI technology. I have one windows server and the other a SQL Cluster that is given to me with a user which has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by anj99, Oct 21, 2019.

1. anj99 Win User

PowerBI Setup User issue

Hi

I am very new to Microsoft PowerBI technology.

I have one windows server and the other a SQL Cluster that is given to me with a user which has dbcreator role.

The installation of PowerBI RS went fine but during configuration, I have used domain user which is added as an ADMINISTRATOR to PBI server. Service starts fine.

Now, I try to connect to the DB using the same server, it connects fine but fails at the point where it has to run the DB Scripts. Says access denied. The Windows LDAP admin is NOT ready to give me the Read-Write Domain Controller .

Is there anyway I can bypass it this requirement? Which action is it trying to initiate. Please help

Error:

Error

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): User does not have permission to perform this action.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(SqlConnection conn, String script, ICommandWrapperFactory commandWrapper)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)

at ReportServicesConfigUI.SqlClientTools.SqlTools.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)

ClientConnectionId:e68459d4-dd5b-4acb-b03b-e85a9bf0c009

Error Number:15247,State:1,Class:16

:)

anj99, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 21, 2019
  4. PowerBI Setup User issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

PowerBI Setup User issue

1. PowerBI Setup User issue - Similar Threads - PowerBI Setup User

2. I cannot purchase a PowerBI visual

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot purchase a PowerBI visual: I am trying to purchase a PowerBI visual, but when I try to purchase the visual, the webpage just stays buffering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-purchase-a-powerbi-visual/c4f3b874-3c33-4e6a-8a55-755ed5654abf
  3. I cannot purchase a PowerBI visual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot purchase a PowerBI visual: I am trying to purchase a PowerBI visual, but when I try to purchase the visual, the webpage just stays buffering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-purchase-a-powerbi-visual/c4f3b874-3c33-4e6a-8a55-755ed5654abf
  4. powerbi 0x800b0109

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerbi 0x800b0109: I'm trying to install PowerBI Desktop Setup on Windows 7. I get the error below:Microsoft .NET Framework required for Microsoft PowetBI Desktop X64 setup One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issue and then retry setup for more info see log 0x800b0109 -...
  5. powerbi 0x800b0109

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powerbi 0x800b0109: I'm trying to install PowerBI Desktop Setup on Windows 7. I get the error below:Microsoft .NET Framework required for Microsoft PowetBI Desktop X64 setup One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issue and then retry setup for more info see log 0x800b0109 -...
  6. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  7. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  8. PowerBI, PowerApps, Azure SQL Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PowerBI, PowerApps, Azure SQL Server: This is more of a question of what Microsoft plan I should buy.Essentially, I want access to PowerBI Service, PowerApps, and Azure SQL DB for about a team of 7 people. What plan would be the best for my use case? How much should I expect to pay for these services/month?...
  9. PowerBI: unable to login to powerbi free using my personal email ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerBI: unable to login to powerbi free using my personal email ID: unable to login to powerbi free using my personal email ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerbi-unable-to-login-to-powerbi-free-using-my/2cf16968-702e-4185-9665-3316cb3b1d83
  10. Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Issues: I recently tryed making a windows 10 virtual machine with virtual box and i downloaded mediacreationtool and I closed it in Windows setup I already had Windows pre installed And then I went away for a bit and when I came back my settings backgrounds on my lock screen and...