Windows 10: Powercfg bug with On/Off button?

Discus and support Powercfg bug with On/Off button? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi board, Version 1909 and last patches (Dutch MUI). Looking at the Power Settings and the Power button actions I found a difference in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tweakradje, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Powercfg bug with On/Off button?

Hi board,

Version 1909 and last patches (Dutch MUI).

Looking at the Power Settings and the Power button actions I found a difference in the Windows GUI.

1) Start menu -> Settings -> Power -> Extra Power settings -> On/Off button behavior (says sleep!)
    2) One step back -> Change Profile Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings -> On/Off button and Lid -> Action On/Off button (says Shutdown!)
    Line two shows the correct value. Little confusing to say at least.

Is it my dutch version?

:)

tweakradje, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Saltgrass Win User

powercfg -requestsoverride errors

Did you run the command below to check your command. If the powercfg /requests shows the Realtek driver it use whatever it shows, as indicated by the listing after using the command.

powercfg /requestsoverride /?

Saltgrass, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Powercfg bug with On/Off button?

Windows 10 Desktop Color And Theme Revert back to default

We suggest that you try disabling hibernate and check if the issue persists. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command and press Enter: powercfg -h off

Keep us updated on the results.

Aileen Alf, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Powercfg bug with On/Off button?

1. Powercfg bug with On/Off button? - Similar Threads - Powercfg bug Off

2. powercfg remote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg remote: I am trying to be more proactive in catching bad batteries and I want to use a script to check the laptop batteries and save txt files that I can go retrieve from the machine. When trying to run a batch file that uses powercfg /batteryreport I keep getting the error 'The...
  3. powercfg remote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powercfg remote: I am trying to be more proactive in catching bad batteries and I want to use a script to check the laptop batteries and save txt files that I can go retrieve from the machine. When trying to run a batch file that uses powercfg /batteryreport I keep getting the error 'The...
  4. powercfg remote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  6. The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The meaning of Power Button in powercfg command: Could someone explain me the meaning from the above two consecutive records? These are from sleep-study report. Does it mean the system was force shutdown?Thank you!...
  7. powercfg //batteryreport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    powercfg //batteryreport: i cant check my batery health on both windows powershell and command prompt both using admin when i type powercfg /battery report it says you do not have the permissions to perform this action .what can i do...
  8. Screen button off / setting button off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen button off / setting button off: screen button off / setting button off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-button-off-setting-button-off/a2cb49d0-682f-4e93-94c5-667e0ca888ed
  9. Edge Extensions Button Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Extensions Button Bug: [IMG] Hi I'm using Microsoft Edge and tried to add Extensions Button to the bar by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" to the shortcut target. But the extensions button looks incomplete like the right of this photo what can be the problem, please...
  10. powercfg problem

in Windows 10 Support
    powercfg problem: I have a powershell script that calls powercfg -lastwake. Every now and then it will not return any data. The code below Checks the return value $wake for null. If null it calls powercfg again. The other day I checked the system and the $try was at 2448. I did a ctrl-c which...