Windows 10: powercfg /energy not working

Discus and support powercfg /energy not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Surface pro 8, fresh win11. Powercfg energyreport doesn't work, just returns immediately without doing anything:powercfg /batteryreport works fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crisu., Feb 7, 2023.

1. crisu. Win User

powercfg /energy not working

Surface pro 8, fresh win11. Powercfg energyreport doesn't work, just returns immediately without doing anythingpowercfg /energy not working :powercfg /batteryreport works fine

:)

crisu., Feb 7, 2023
  2. sba923 Win User

POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

??? have you read my post ???

there's no executable called POWERCNFG.EXE

FWIW here's what POWERCFG -ENERGY yields with no other options:

PS> powercfg -energy

Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...

Observing system behavior..

Exact same problem: returns immediately and doesn't create the output file.

sba923, Feb 7, 2023
  3. epyon9283 Win User
    Powercfg /energy immediately exits

When running "powercfg /energy" the command outputs the following:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg /energy

Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...

Observing system behavior...

It immediately returns me to the command line and does not generate a report. I had reinstalled 10 from a restore image (on my surface pro 4) and it was broken. I reset Windows and it started working properly. Now a few days later it's broken again. No updates
    or software has been installed since the last time it worked. It just stopped working.

Anyone have know how to fix? There are no errors in the event viewer when I try to run.

epyon9283, Feb 7, 2023
  4. LAPIII Win User

Help with powercfg -energy?

I ran powercfg -energy at an elevated command prompt as it requires administrative privileges:

powercfg /energy not working 371919d1658922555t-help-powercfg-energy-administrator_command_prompt-27-07-2022-07-48-54-026-am.png

I have no idea what to do.

This is from Settings > Power & sleep:

powercfg /energy not working 371917d1658922176t-help-powercfg-energy-settings-27-07-2022-07-42-01-596-am.png

My Power plan is Balanced.

LAPIII, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

1. powercfg /energy not working - Similar Threads - powercfg energy working

2. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  3. Energy Save Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Energy Save Settings don't work: My Win11 PC does not heed the recommended energy saving settings. The monitor does shut off after three minutes, but the machine stays on forever. Even when I put it to sleep via the Start button, it turns on again after a few seconds. What is wrong?...
  4. powercfg /energy returns without generating report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /energy returns without generating report: The command "powercfg /energy" should generate an energy report at the file path C:/Windows/system32. And the command also takes around 60 seconds to run, however when I try to run the command it returns in a couple of seconds and does not generate any form of file report....
  5. powercfg /energy returns without generating report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powercfg /energy returns without generating report: The command "powercfg /energy" should generate an energy report at the file path C:/Windows/system32. And the command also takes around 60 seconds to run, however when I try to run the command it returns in a couple of seconds and does not generate any form of file report....
  6. powercfg /energy not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /energy not working: Surface pro 8, fresh win11. Powercfg energyreport doesn't work, just returns immediately without doing anything:powercfg /batteryreport works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-energy-not-working/633a90ed-1356-4d49-8a15-ca2aa8ef46b6
  7. Powercfg /requestsoverride doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powercfg /requestsoverride doesn't work: I added a problematic device with the powercfg /requestsoverride driver devicename system command. And I can see it listed when typing just powercfg /requestsoverride. However, when I type powercfg /requests, it's still there and it's preventing the PC from going to sleep...
  8. Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?: I've been looking at this on and off for months and have finally reached "make my own post" stage... hoping that someone has a solution as all the threads from Googling peter out into nothing, or are resolved by unplugging a gamepad, or people's "solution" is just to shut...
  9. Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas?: System Availability Requests:System Required Request The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep. Requesting Driver Instance Requesting Driver Device This was an error on the report, any ideas of what this could be or how I...
  10. POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore: On one of my computers POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't function (anymore). It returns immediately and doesn't create the expected output file. I have created a PowerShell test script that helps reproducing the issue. Here's the script: #requires -RunAsAdministrator...