Windows 10: powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

Discus and support powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer stopped going to sleep after the latest Microsoft update. Powercfg -reload reports the following: SYSTEM: [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by InwardApollo985, Feb 17, 2021.

1. powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

My computer stopped going to sleep after the latest Microsoft update. Powercfg -reload reports the following:

SYSTEM:

[PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:
    None

EXECUTION:

PERFBOOST:

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

Anyone know what is causing this and how to get rid of it? It usually the update service holding it up but that says I'm up to date.

Thanks in advance,

:)

InwardApollo985, Feb 17, 2021
  2. SinusPi Win User

Windows 10 won't sleep: "Legacy Kernel Caller" in PERFBOOST section of "powercfg -requests" at fault?

Today, my Windows 10 just won't go to sleep.

Running "powercfg -requests" shows:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

I can (and did, to no avail) add "Legacy Kernel Caller" to "powercfg /requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" system", but it's not in a SYSTEM section, it's in PERFBOOST, and "powercfg /requestsoverride" has no option to
    ban a request from there. I found that "powercfg /requestsoverride" actually just manages the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerRequestOverride" registry branch, and tried adding some more extensive bitmasks (0xff, why not?),
    but I only managed to override DISPLAY, SYSTEM, AWAYMODE and EXECUTION - nothing on PERFBOOST.

Of course no USB devices are allowed to wake the system up anymore ("powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" is empty), the power plan option allowing timers to wake the system is off.

How do I get it to sleep again?

SinusPi, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Ebbenezer Win User
    [Driver] Legacy Kernel Caller Power Manager

Hi. I cant put my (almost) brand new win 10 pc (Asus G752VS) to sleep. Long story short, here is the output from CMD.

Code:
    Running "powercfg -requests" shows:DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.
    Any idea how to get this driver to stop waking up my computer? Is there any way to remove this driver all together? Or how do I turn it off?
    Thanks,

Ebbenezer, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Ebbenezer Win User

powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

[Driver] Legacy Kernel Caller Power Manager

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I waited till the indexing was finished and checked CMD with the power request command to see if there was anything new. There was nothing and I proceeded to try to put my pc to rest. It woke up again sadly. Got the same issue as I got at first:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

Ebbenezer, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

1. powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section. - Similar Threads - powercfg reload shows

2. powercfg -request shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg -request shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.: for some reason, my computer just won't go to sleep after a curten time has passed due to a latest update. i've tried Powercfg -request and i've receved the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller [PROCESS] Legacy...
  3. Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section: is this a problem? if so how can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-drivers-showing-up-in-keyboard-section/5fb0eead-4191-4aa7-9788-e6400e7088d4
  4. Legacy Kernel Caller Prevents Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Legacy Kernel Caller Prevents Sleep Mode: I know the exact application that is using these drivers, I can sometimes even get the computer to sleep once while the application is open but I'll try and have it re-enter sleep mode just to test it out and it does nothing. When I close the application, I can have it enter...
  5. Legacy Camera drivers

Legacy Camera drivers: I have an old Kodak easyshareC330 digital camera and a Concord Eye -Q duo 2000 and I need to get pictures off them but I can't get drivers, at least not through Geeksquad. Can anyone help?...
  6. Legacy Driver Files

Legacy Driver Files: My attempts to clone an SSD before installation have failed. The "System Report" error message says "AddLegacyDriverFiles". One of the articles I read about this said Windows Update didn't carry these anymore like they used to. If anybody knows anything about this I would...
  7. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  8. NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NTVDM not under legacy. It has direct play??: Im trying to install a older version of works on OS 10. Tried fix but don't have NTVDM expanded from Legacy. It shows DirectPlay instead. Now what do I do??...
  9. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg: My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3) and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down...
  10. Won't Enter Sleep - legacy kernel caller

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't Enter Sleep - legacy kernel caller: I built a new PC about two months ago, and up until last week, It went to sleep on its own, of manually via power options. The monitor goes to idle, but immediately comes back to login screen, and PC never enters sleep. I've done a number of searches, and most of these...