Windows 10: powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

Discus and support powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer stopped going to sleep after the latest Microsoft update. Powercfg -reload reports the following: SYSTEM: [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by InwardApollo985, Feb 17, 2021.

1. powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

My computer stopped going to sleep after the latest Microsoft update. Powercfg -reload reports the following:

SYSTEM:

[PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:
    None

EXECUTION:

PERFBOOST:

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

Anyone know what is causing this and how to get rid of it? It usually the update service holding it up but that says I'm up to date.

Thanks in advance,

:)

InwardApollo985, Feb 17, 2021
  2. SinusPi Win User

Windows 10 won't sleep: "Legacy Kernel Caller" in PERFBOOST section of "powercfg -requests" at fault?

Today, my Windows 10 just won't go to sleep.

Running "powercfg -requests" shows:

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

I can (and did, to no avail) add "Legacy Kernel Caller" to "powercfg /requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" system", but it's not in a SYSTEM section, it's in PERFBOOST, and "powercfg /requestsoverride" has no option to
    ban a request from there. I found that "powercfg /requestsoverride" actually just manages the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerRequestOverride" registry branch, and tried adding some more extensive bitmasks (0xff, why not?),
    but I only managed to override DISPLAY, SYSTEM, AWAYMODE and EXECUTION - nothing on PERFBOOST.

Of course no USB devices are allowed to wake the system up anymore ("powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" is empty), the power plan option allowing timers to wake the system is off.

How do I get it to sleep again?

SinusPi, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Ebbenezer Win User
    [Driver] Legacy Kernel Caller Power Manager

Hi. I cant put my (almost) brand new win 10 pc (Asus G752VS) to sleep. Long story short, here is the output from CMD.

Code:
    Running "powercfg -requests" shows:DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.
    Any idea how to get this driver to stop waking up my computer? Is there any way to remove this driver all together? Or how do I turn it off?
    Thanks,

Ebbenezer, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Ebbenezer Win User

powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

[Driver] Legacy Kernel Caller Power Manager

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I waited till the indexing was finished and checked CMD with the power request command to see if there was anything new. There was nothing and I proceeded to try to put my pc to rest. It woke up again sadly. Got the same issue as I got at first:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

None.

PERFBOOST:

Power Manager

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

Ebbenezer, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

1. powercfg -reload shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section. - Similar Threads - powercfg reload shows

2. cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...: I've had an issue with my battery for quite a while. I've changed it recently and reinstalled the battery drivers uninstall then scan for hardware change, yet the battery is still not detected under the battery report.It also shows "CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported"...
  3. PC won't go to sleep, "Legacy Kernel Caller" appears under SYSTEM in powercfg requests

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't go to sleep, "Legacy Kernel Caller" appears under SYSTEM in powercfg requests: No matter what happens, my PC will not go to sleep. I tried setting the timers and power plans differently and unplugging certain hardware, nothing will put it to sleep. I did notice that when I change my display adaptor in Device Manager from "NVIDIA RTX 3080" to "Microsoft...
  4. Legacy Kernel Caller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Kernel Caller: Hello.I can't get rid of this program - Legacy Kernel Caller, it just doesn't let the computer sleep.I tried everything like accepted all pending updates and automatic troubleshooting.When I start automatic troubleshooting the problem disappears for some hours but then...
  5. Legacy Kernel Caller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Kernel Caller: Hello.I can't get rid of this program - Legacy Kernel Caller, it just doesn't let the computer sleep.I tried everything like accepted all pending updates and automatic troubleshooting.When I start automatic troubleshooting the problem disappears for some hours but then...
  6. Legacy Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Drivers: I recently purchased a new laptop that's now running Windows 11 and installed my previously purchased copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Imagine my surprise when I found that, unlike with my old Windows 7 laptop, I was unable to connect my SONY camcorder to the new laptop...
  7. Legacy Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Drivers: I recently purchased a new laptop that's now running Windows 11 and installed my previously purchased copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Imagine my surprise when I found that, unlike with my old Windows 7 laptop, I was unable to connect my SONY camcorder to the new laptop...
  8. powercfg -request shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg -request shows 5 instances of "Legacy Kernel Driver" under every section.: for some reason, my computer just won't go to sleep after a curten time has passed due to a latest update. i've tried Powercfg -request and i've receved the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller [PROCESS] Legacy Kernel Caller [PROCESS] Legacy...
  9. Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section: is this a problem? if so how can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-drivers-showing-up-in-keyboard-section/5fb0eead-4191-4aa7-9788-e6400e7088d4
  10. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg: My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3) and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down...