Windows 10: powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST

Discus and support powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On another PC, my powercfg /requests brings this driver up because I run 'Voice Meeter' program and use a virtual audio cable. So i ran the command to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Dec 17, 2020.

1. powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST

On another PC, my powercfg /requests brings this driver up because I run 'Voice Meeter' program and use a virtual audio cable.
    So i ran the command to override the driver.

Question is, what powercfg syntax will display overrides of drivers?
    And let's say you want to un override he driver?

powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST [​IMG]

:)

sdowney717, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Saltgrass Win User

powercfg -requestsoverride errors

Did you run the command below to check your command. If the powercfg /requests shows the Realtek driver it use whatever it shows, as indicated by the listing after using the command.

powercfg /requestsoverride /?

Saltgrass, Dec 17, 2020
  3. powercfg -requestsoverride errors

A Realtek driver is preventing my PC from going to sleep.

I am executing powercfg -requestsoverride

on this driver:

Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10280622&REV_1003\4&233ad700&0&0201)

I get this error:

The ampersand (&) character is not allowed. The & operator is reserved for future use; wrap an ampersand in double

quotation marks ("&") to pass it as part of a string.

Even with all the &s double quoted I get the same message.

Any ideas why?

What should be proper syntax?

Thanks

Bob Seymour

Robert_Seymour, Dec 17, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST

1. powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "High Definition Audio Device" SYST - Similar Threads - powercfg REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER

2. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: I don't find any drivers for audio, I can't listen to music or talk with someone because I can't hear anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/60f28e63-007b-46b3-a57e-c23302fde0c0
  3. High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and I am very unhappy with the stock sound driver it comes with. There is absolutely no bass at all. Upon doing some research online I don't know much about computers, I discovered I could update the stock driver Realtek High Definition...
  4. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello,I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer.Do you know where i Could download them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/7da5e300-035c-40f8-899c-65489ddff378
  5. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hi, Fresh Win 10 install ..... Win 7 ran great for years ...... sigh Had the PC happy and I could hear the bastard even ! Tossed in a new video card with a bloody HDMI port on this new Win10 install today it and now the damm PC thinks the sound output is the freaken TV...
  6. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need help regarding of my laptop the High Definition Audio Device driver is missing. I don't know what is the reason. Please help where i could download them?...
  7. powercfg -requestsoverride EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    powercfg -requestsoverride EVERYTHING: Posted this to r\techsupport but nothing came of it Sometimes I'll get up in the morning and find my PC has been on all night because there is a random tab open in firefox that has a muted video ad or something similar.. I also have kids around that may leave a game open or...
  8. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver. it is actually missing on my computer. Do you know where I could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/f2fd578b-62fb-4168-9f9d-69dc3a2312d9
  9. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer. Do you know where i Could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/9caf8676-741a-4235-b4bf-3ed8a8b12ee5
  10. powercfg -requestsoverride errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    powercfg -requestsoverride errors: A Realtek driver is preventing my PC from going to sleep. I am executing powercfg -requestsoverride on this driver: Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_10280622&REV_1003\4&233ad700&0&0201) I get this error: The ampersand (&)...