Windows 10: powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

Discus and support powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY Sleep Study report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\sleepstudy-report.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>ren... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UoG.PJF, Aug 4, 2022.

1. UoG.PJF Win User

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY Sleep Study report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\sleepstudy-report.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>ren sleepstudy-report.html sleepstudy-report_1.html C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SYSTEMSLEEPDIAGNOSTICS System Sleep Timeline report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\system-sleep-diagnostics.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>rem Next line overwrites first sleepstudy-report! C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SYSTEMPOWERREPORT Sleep Study report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\sleepstudy-report.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>dir *sle

:)

UoG.PJF, Aug 4, 2022
  2. jurluk Win User

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

Powercfg option /sleepstudy generates System Power Report, and /systempowerreport output filename is wrong.

command: powercfg /sleepstudy

description: Generates a diagnostic system power
    transition report.

output: sleepstudy-report.html

report title: System Power Report

command: powercfg /systempowerreport

description: Generates a diagnostic
    system power transition report.

output: sleepstudy-report.html

report title: System Power Report

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,... 9bd5e860-da04-4026-8bc6-c16ff4bd9d39?upload=true.png

jurluk, Aug 4, 2022
  3. powercfg won't produce battery report or sleep study

I'm trying to diagnose a potential issue with my (fully up to date) Surface Pro 6. When I put it to sleep overnight it drops about 15-25% battery.

In my investigation, I wanted to look at both

however, when I run these commands from an elevated cmd prompt I get the response

while true, battery-report.html, does exist... this doesn't matter on any other machine - it just overwrites it.

my powercfg works fine, if I run

it outputs the expected

This contains a bunch of USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend reports that I think, are from my Surface Dock. Run it unplugged and they aren't present.

Regardless, this isn't the problem I'm trying to solve here.

Update

powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics = works...

powercfg /systempowerreport = fails (file exists error again)

powercfg /srumutil = fails with...

Summary

These are broken...

while these are not...

Oliver9523, Aug 4, 2022
  4. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

Code:
    The command works properly at my end. The file "sleepstudy-report.html" exists in the folder "system32".

Matthew Wai, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

1. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,... - Similar Threads - powercfg sleepstudy systempowerreport

2. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  3. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  4. powercfg /energy returns without generating report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powercfg /energy returns without generating report: The command "powercfg /energy" should generate an energy report at the file path C:/Windows/system32. And the command also takes around 60 seconds to run, however when I try to run the command it returns in a couple of seconds and does not generate any form of file report....
  5. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY Sleep Study report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\sleepstudy-report.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>ren sleepstudy-report.html sleepstudy-report_1.html C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SYSTEMSLEEPDIAGNOSTICS System Sleep Timeline report...
  6. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport produce identical reports i.e.,...: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY Sleep Study report saved to file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\sleepstudy-report.html. C:\WINDOWS\system32>ren sleepstudy-report.html sleepstudy-report_1.html C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /SYSTEMSLEEPDIAGNOSTICS System Sleep Timeline report...
  7. powercfg /batteryreport doesn't report in detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powercfg /batteryreport doesn't report in detail: I usually check my battery health using powershell and this time i check it, usage history, battery capacity history and life estimation are blank. I don't know why but i think it's because i installed something like batterylimiter/throttlestop? Or perhaps because i reset my...
  8. Windows 10 Powercfg Report---How to correct problems reported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Powercfg Report---How to correct problems reported: I have ran a powercfg report the provided the below information. What error is most important to fix? How do you fix them? Are there any errors that don't have fixes? Analysis Results Errors USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the...
  9. 20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby

20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby: I have a few laptops that support modern/connected standby S0 Low Power Idle but after upgrading them to 20H1 OS Build 19041 I realised that the sleepstudy report no longer shows connected standby but instead it shows sleep instead. I need the sleepstudy report to analyse the...
  10. powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport

powercfg /sleepstudy and /systempowerreport: Powercfg option /sleepstudy generates System Power Report, and /systempowerreport output filename is wrong. command: powercfg /sleepstudy description: Generates a diagnostic system power transition report. output: sleepstudy-report.html report title: System Power Report...