Windows 10: PowerDVD 12 won't launch

Discus and support PowerDVD 12 won't launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago, it worked perfectly. Now it won't even open! I tried to install the latest update and it says the app is terminated and errors like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ilias Kslr, Sep 10, 2018.

1. PowerDVD 12 won't launch

A few months ago, it worked perfectly. Now it won't even open! I tried to install the latest update and it says the app is terminated and errors like that. I tried to update it 5 times. All of them failed. Windows Media Player works, so does DVD - ROM.

:)

Ilias Kslr, Sep 10, 2018

2. PowerDVD 12 won't launch

My PowerDVD 12 won't launch. I tried to update the program through cyberlink website and somehow ended up uninstalling it. I did a system restore due to me not having the disk and now the program won't launch! I contacted Cyberlink and they told me to
    contact you......

Khal Axiom, Sep 10, 2018
  3. PowerDVD 12 Problem

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I've had nothing but problems with playing my DVD's with my PowerDVD 12. Windows DVD Player doesn't work at all, my Interactual dvd shows error-1, and Windows Media Player doesn't work at all, nor does Windows
    Media Center. What's going on? I thought this was supposed to be a more successful Windows system, but from all indications, I'm going to have to wipe my hard drive and rebuild my computer with Windows 7 just to reinstall my PowerDVD 12 so that I can watch
    my DVD's on it again. You people are losing your following out here and you seem to be ignoring the problems. i have 2 other computers trying to get me to update to windows 10 and with the problems I'm having now I don't believe I'm going to destroy them by
    installing this mess on them!

Eugene L Adams Jr, Sep 10, 2018
  4. mrcol Win User

PowerDVD 12 won't launch

windows ten cyberlink powerdvd 12 will not install

Why are they answering your question about Powerdvd 12, using powerdvd 14? Powerdvd 12 is not supported by Windows 10 I just found out. Even though it has been working perfectly on windows 10 for years, Cyberlink point me toward PD17 at £66. YOu can buy
    a really good Blu-ray player for that kind of money! Well I won't be using them again, I use the free Blu-ray player that's available. No spyware, no malware no ads. Even Cyberlink have the cheek to put ads on a paid for version!

mrcol, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

PowerDVD 12 won't launch

1. PowerDVD 12 won't launch - Similar Threads - PowerDVD won't launch

2. When will Microsoft launch Windows 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Microsoft launch Windows 12?: When Microsoft will launch Windows 12? I am waiting for the launch of Windows 12. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-launch-windows-12/4192ab62-a2c8-4269-a8b7-2ed17247052a
  3. When will Microsoft launch Windows 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Microsoft launch Windows 12?: When Microsoft will launch Windows 12? I am waiting for the launch of Windows 12. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-launch-windows-12/4192ab62-a2c8-4269-a8b7-2ed17247052a
  4. Game won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...
  5. Game won't launch

Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...
  6. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  7. Will there be microsoft launch Windows 11 or 12?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there be microsoft launch Windows 11 or 12?: Our sources from the company confirmed that Microsoft is planning to release a new operating system called Windows 12 in early 2021. Indeed, there will be no Windows 11, as the company decided to jump straight to Windows 12. ... Windows 12 is the bridge between the classic...
  8. Application Won't Launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Won't Launch: Hey I've been having this issue recently where an application Sea of Thieves won't launch. I click on the desktop shortcut to open the game but it immediately closes, does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. PowerDVD 12 Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PowerDVD 12 Won't Launch: After the last major windows update, my copy of PowerDVD 12 will not longer running insisting my trial version is up (I own a DVD copy of it and activated it 2 years ago), when I try to explain it to Cyberlink they keep saying PowerDVD is about to enter legacy support -...
  10. DivX and PowerDVD

DivX and PowerDVD: Folks, I have PowerDVD Ultra 15 installed. All is good. I also have DivX 10 installed. It seems like they do the same thing. I hate to sound ignorant, since I'm the one that bought/installed these, but what does DivX do that PowerDVD does not? I've done some internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerdvd wont start

2. cyberlink powerdvd 12 wont work

3. powerdvd12 wont start