Windows 10: Powering computer off

Discus and support Powering computer off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LarryRoach1, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Powering computer off

I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then turn it on again. Please advise. Thanks.

:)

LarryRoach1, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Powering computer off

Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

Hi Dan,

• Did you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

As a first resolution, let us check for any pending updates for Windows 10 and install if any.
    Please follow the below steps to update to latest build.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issues till persist, please try the below methods;

Method 1:

• Press Windows key+R
      to open the Run command, then type devmgmt.msc in the Run command.

• Now, the device management tool will appear and, click on
      the network adapter and right click on the device.

• Select properties and click on
      Power management tab

• Now check on Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Method 2: Power troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and check if it works.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting
    • Now type Power troubleshooter in the
      search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Get back to us if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Powering computer off

1. Powering computer off - Similar Threads - Powering computer off

2. Computer Powers ON and then off immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Powers ON and then off immediately: My Computer Powers ON and then off immediatelyAnd turn on againHeatsink not dried outCPU FAN is work properlyDear I check properly my PC get not overheat CPU Temperature is coolBut PC Powers ON And Then off immediatelyI Reinstall my Windows my problem not solvedPlease tell me...
  3. Computer Powers ON and then off immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Powers ON and then off immediately: My Computer Powers ON and then off immediatelyAnd turn on againHeatsink not dried outCPU FAN is work properlyDear I check properly my PC get not overheat CPU Temperature is coolBut PC Powers ON And Then off immediatelyI Reinstall my Windows my problem not solvedPlease tell me...
  4. Computer unresponsive screen off power on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer unresponsive screen off power on: Power light stays on but screen is always off, no sound, no screen and I cannot force a restart either. When I attempt to force a shut down the light goes off for a moment then turns back on but is still unresponsive...
  5. Computer unresponsive screen off power on

Computer unresponsive screen off power on: Power light stays on but screen is always off, no sound, no screen and I cannot force a restart either. When I attempt to force a shut down the light goes off for a moment then turns back on but is still unresponsive...
  6. Window 11 Computer Not Powering Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Computer Not Powering Off: Hello,My All-In-One Dell 7710 i7 12th gen , is not powering off when I select shut down. Is this new? I noticed the screen goes black and the power light on the front of the monitor turns off; however, when I move my mouse, the computer powers on. I anticipated having to...
  7. Window 11 Computer Not Powering Off

Window 11 Computer Not Powering Off: Hello,My All-In-One Dell 7710 i7 12th gen , is not powering off when I select shut down. Is this new? I noticed the screen goes black and the power light on the front of the monitor turns off; however, when I move my mouse, the computer powers on. I anticipated having to...
  8. Help Please with computer powering off

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Please with computer powering off: I have a new computer. I have one task that tells the computer to turn off at 11:30 nightly. Here lately the last two mornings, I come in, the computer is complete power off. I turn it on and get working about 10 mins into what I'm doing, I get this message that my computer...
  9. COMPUTER WILL NOT MANUALLY POWER OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    COMPUTER WILL NOT MANUALLY POWER OFF: After the BSOD my laptop did not restart and I cannot manually power off the computer. Stop Code : SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-manually-power-off/a01af433-c3be-4b51-be6b-87536225148c
  10. Computer Powers Off, error: amdacpusrsvc...

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Powers Off, error: amdacpusrsvc...: So my windows 10 machine is crashing/powering off... I don't know why, it happens in all situations (gaming, browsing etc) and in the event viewer I get this error: amdacpusrsvc[EVENT]: SERVICE_CONTROL_POWEREVENT: RESUME: IOCTL_USR_SVC_TO_ACPKSD_POWER_STATE_NOTIFICATION:...