Windows 10: Powering down PC resets BIOS

Discus and support Powering down PC resets BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, weird issue here and hoping someone has any ideas to why. I typically remove power from my PC whenever I go out of town due to power outages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sygnus21, Nov 7, 2019.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Powering down PC resets BIOS

Hi guys, weird issue here and hoping someone has any ideas to why.

I typically remove power from my PC whenever I go out of town due to power outages that sometimes plague my area (yes, I have a UPS, still…). Down time here was 3 days.

Anyway, after restoring power and booting the PC there’s usually no issues. However, this last time, upon powering up I noticed the BIOS had reset to its default settings – XMP disabled (I always enable), splash screen enabled (always disable), fast startup disabled (usually enabled), as well as a few other areas.

I don't think this is a CMOS battery issue as both BIOS clock and date maintained the correct time and date.

Anyone see this before? BTW this is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme. See system specs. Also not overclocking.

:)

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 7, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Bootloop after RAM upgrade. Reset BIOS?

The assumption is that the cause is the newly added RAM.
    This may or may not be correct.
    These are some trial and error steps:

1) Remove all RAM modules and re-seat one module.
    Remove the power cable and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
    2) Power on

3) These are links for resetting the BIOS:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computer’s CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

zbook, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Powering down PC resets BIOS

I THINK MY PC RESET IS FROZEN?

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Power cycle your device. Here are the steps:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Remove all the attached cables for 2 minutes then put them back on.
    If the same thing happens, we suggest that you perform the reset again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Powering down PC resets BIOS

1. Powering down PC resets BIOS - Similar Threads - Powering down resets

2. Resetting bios Admin and Power-on Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting bios Admin and Power-on Passwords: Hello.While trying to fix my computer i somehow managed to set a bios admin and power-on password. Altough i didn't forget it is just annoying to see on power-on and was wondering if anyone could help me get rid of it. For the record i have an HP OMEN laptop....
  3. Resetting bios Admin and Power-on Passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting bios Admin and Power-on Passwords: Hello.While trying to fix my computer i somehow managed to set a bios admin and power-on password. Altough i didn't forget it is just annoying to see on power-on and was wondering if anyone could help me get rid of it. For the record i have an HP OMEN laptop....
  4. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  5. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  6. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC needs to be powered down twice, or powered on then reset, to boot to OS Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to be powered down twice, or powered on then reset, to boot to OS Windows 10 and 11: So, this is a new build of mine with the new Z790 Carbon Wifi by MSI, with a i5-13600k CPU, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090, DDR5 Ram by Corsair, and lastly a new NVME SSD and SATA SSD, with two HDDs. I've never really had issues with my PC until my new build which finally got fully set...
  8. Pc resets after bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc resets after bios: Hey guys, I hope you have an idea since I have no clue anymore. Following problem: Yesterday my pc suddenly restarted and went into an infinite boot loop. Right after the circling dots from the loading screen appeared. Pc goes black - > win 10 logo - > Black again This...
  9. PC powering down by it self

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC powering down by it self: Since upgrading my PC from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. my PC will randomly power down then restart automatically often. Any suggestions? I ruled out issues with the sleep mode. (now turned off)...
  10. PC Tower will not power down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Tower will not power down?: Long story short, I added an ssd as boot drive, and a new hdd for storage, and did a clean install of windows onto the ssd using a windows 10 image from the website and a flash drive, but now my pc won't power down. When I shutdown, windows goes through the normal sequence,...