Windows 10: Powering off computer causes UPS to shut off all devices

Discus and support Powering off computer causes UPS to shut off all devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed this issue recently where I would normally shut down my computer, but for some reason my UPS would power off the devices connected to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by magnetite, Aug 17, 2019.

1. magnetite Win User

Powering off computer causes UPS to shut off all devices

I noticed this issue recently where I would normally shut down my computer, but for some reason my UPS would power off the devices connected to it. I've run a self-test on the UPS and it passed. Not really sure what the problem could be. This problem only started happening in the last week.

:)

magnetite, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Aug 17, 2019
  3. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Internet connection causes computer to loose power.

Hello Cliff,

An outdated network adapter can be one possible reason for this.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us these details:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Ethernet cable or is it wirelessly connected?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

To help us diagnose the cause of this error, we would suggest that you follow these steps:

Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. To boot into safe mode, kindly follow the steps on this link.

Step 2: If issue does not persist in safe mode, we suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check which third party application driver is causing the issue.

Follow the steps on this link to
    perform a clean boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Powering off computer causes UPS to shut off all devices - Similar Threads - Powering off computer

2. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  3. wake up computer when is power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wake up computer when is power off: Hello.I have schedule a task so my computer every day is wake up after hibernation.My computer was to shut down from yesterday and it didn't wake up.The schedule is at 7:35 pm and usually the computer wake up at 7:40.This is not happens tofay.Should wait 1-2 minutes more or...
  4. computer shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer shuts off: I have an RCA yes I know RCA, tablet with windows 10.It will unexpectedly turn off then come back on several times a day.This is the first time having any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off/60becf87-c133-4fd8-b6e0-2df2d2c09e6c
  5. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  6. pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why: within the last day or two, i had shut down my dell pc. then yesterday when I pressed the power button on the dell tower, nothing happened. It appeared that the pc didnot turn on. I then unplugged the tower, display and printer from the power source. waited 10 seconds and...
  7. Computer shutting off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shutting off.: Hello everyone, I need help!! i recently purchased a oculos rift s and ever since my computer is randomly turning off. i am conviced this is something to do with windows as my power management keeps going back and fowarth on high performance and balanced. I have removed my...
  8. Computer shuts off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off: My computer stays powered and is properly wired. When i use the mouse it stays on but anytime i hit a key on the keyboard to put in my password the computer powers itself off...
  9. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  10. Powering computer off

Powering computer off: I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then...