Windows 10: Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

Discus and support Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Random Person 579, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've searched around and tried everything that I could find, but I'm not having any luck.Here is my motherboard: Z690 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4Here are the things I've tried so far:USB selective suspend - DisableACPIpower on settings - Disabled by defaultDeep Sleep - Selected both options available S4 and S5Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Random Person 579, Apr 30, 2023
  2. DebStaky Win User

USB port power when laptop in sleep mode

Since latest update, USB port powers off when laptop goes into sleep mode. How do I change settings to allow continuous power for USB port?

DebStaky, Apr 30, 2023
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 30, 2023
  4. Lobar Win User

Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

How to keep usb ports powered in sleep mode

I cannot find any setting to allow usb ports to stay powered.

I have unchecked all "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Universal Serial Bus (device manager) for all usb hub entries.

Same in HID, unless there is an option to "allow this device to wake the computer" then it is checked.

Same with Keyboards and Mice.

I have tried USB selective suspend setting in both Enabled and Disabled.

About a minute after computer enters sleep mode the usb ports unpower.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Lobar, Apr 30, 2023
Thema:

Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

1. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Powering off USB

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10: I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've searched around and tried everything that I could find, but I'm not having any luck.Here is my motherboard: Z690 Phantom...
  6. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10: I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've searched around and tried everything that I could find, but I'm not having any luck.Here is my motherboard: Z690 Phantom...
  7. Windows 10: USB 3.0 Ports Turn Off after Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: USB 3.0 Ports Turn Off after Sleep Mode: I have a Dock Station connected to my Laptop. After restarting my laptop from sleep mode, when my dock is connected to my USB 3.0, it appears to be turned off and turn-ons after my laptop is on because all my windows in my monitors get sent to the laptop screen. This doesn't...
  8. Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation: Hey champs, need your support to fix this annoying issue with my laptop. Abrupt shutdown happens while laptop is in sleep mode due to inactivity. It even happens at times when I press power button to hibernate. While laptop is being actively used no such issue occurs. Have...
  9. Need Power to USB Ports in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Power to USB Ports in Sleep Mode: I recently purchased a new Win 10 machine to replace both my main work computer and my shipping computer. Unfortunately, my thermal label printer is plugged into a USB port which powers off when my computer goes to sleep. When it powers up again, the print spool gets...
  10. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083