Windows 10: Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

Discus and support Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC. When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DrNJ37, Sep 22, 2019.

1. DrNJ37 Win User

Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

Hello,

I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC.

When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any problems. The start procedure is very fast, but I have never had a computer before which 'starts twice' in this manner.

I bought it only a few weeks ago and, so far as I can recall, it has done this from the start. Could this be attributable to Windows fast start up? Alternatively, is it something else related to Windows/the system? I thought I'd check this first, as if it's not any of this, my guess is that it's a question from the manufacturer, rather than Microsoft, but one step at a time.

Basic Specifications:

Lenovo Legion T730-281CO

Core i7-9700@3.60Ghz

16MB RAM

Windows 10 Home version 1803

I can provide more specifications as needed, but I don't know what you need to know to help answer my question, so I thought that I would just start with the basics.

Thank you in advance.

:)

DrNJ37, Sep 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 PC Not waking up at all

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue you are facing and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Desktop Turns On When Laptop Powered Up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you for follow the methods below and check if it helps in solving the issue:

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the Power Troubleshooter and Reset the power options.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Run the in-built Network troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
    Then, shutdown your PC and check.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

1. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice - Similar Threads - Powering Desktop Starts

2. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  3. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  4. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC needs to be powered down twice, or powered on then reset, to boot to OS Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC needs to be powered down twice, or powered on then reset, to boot to OS Windows 10 and 11: So, this is a new build of mine with the new Z790 Carbon Wifi by MSI, with a i5-13600k CPU, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090, DDR5 Ram by Corsair, and lastly a new NVME SSD and SATA SSD, with two HDDs. I've never really had issues with my PC until my new build which finally got fully set...
  6. The power service hung at starting ? but the pc starts

The power service hung at starting ? but the pc starts: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2/8/2021 12:19:16 PM Event ID: 7022 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-SVOCV7A Description: The Power service hung on...
  7. Power Options to Tray on a Desktop PC

Power Options to Tray on a Desktop PC: Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the power icon back into the tray on a desktop PC? Also, failing that, is anyone aware of a script or scripts that can be created that would allow me to toggle between different power options? As an example of what I am looking...
  8. Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10

Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10: Answer to this problem was posted in 2015. Now a locked thread. My pc only started to need 2 boot ups at start of this year 2020. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-twice-necessary-on-my-desktop-pc-windows/44992d60-da39-43bb-9108-26d83ec787b8
  9. Power on twice to load W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power on twice to load W10: I visit my son in the USA once in a while and about two years ago I upgraded his perfectly working W7 X64, 8Gb Desktop PC to W10. Despite all my efforts I could not get W10 to load unless I a) powered on and partway through the load it stops b) power off c) power on again and...
  10. Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start

in Windows 10 Support
    Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start: I have this new GE62 MSI laptop running Win10 all was fine with it until by coincidence apparently windows updates some drivers and then right after my optical drive died, along with the MSI recovery methods got corrupted... the service centre replaced the optical drive etc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how cpu get its first power