Windows 10: powering On & OFF

Discus and support powering On & OFF in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop power button is not responsive. how can i power it on by just opening the lid? or pressing some other keyboard button?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SUIT-SOOT, Feb 22, 2021.

1. SUIT-SOOT Win User

powering On & OFF

my laptop power button is not responsive. how can i power it on by just opening the lid? or pressing some other keyboard button?

:)

SUIT-SOOT, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 22, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Feb 22, 2021
  4. powering On & OFF

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

powering On & OFF

1. powering On & OFF - Similar Threads - powering OFF

2. The screen flickers when the cursor is not moving. All Intel power savings are turned off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The screen flickers when the cursor is not moving. All Intel power savings are turned off...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lyqbeg/the_screen_flickers_when_the_cursor_is_not_moving/
  3. Can turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in the hibernate mode harm the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in the hibernate mode harm the...: I would like to whether there is any harm in turning power off when the computer is in sleep mode or in hibernate mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-turning-power-off-when-the-computer-is-in/d9c66559-e411-453f-8768-092a7e4e5cee
  4. Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off: I've been having intermittent issues with Kernel-power 41 events. The PC will just hard cutoff. It seemed for a while I could reproduce the issue to running my plex server and playing movies from my external harddrive. Doing this reproduce the issue within minutes. I...
  5. When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...

When closing laptop screen Windows goes to power saver mode even if this is turned off in...: My Acer laptop with Windows 10 64 bit home, is going to power saving mode when I closing the laptop screen. In the advanced power saving menu, defining what will happen when computer screen is folded down, I have selected "Do nothing" on all items. I am using a KVM switch...
  6. Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts: I have a tablet and I like to use the tablet mode. However when I restart the laptop or shut down, tablet mode, which was / IS on, is turned off. I have to go to Action Center each time and click "Tablet Mode" and turn it on. I don't just restart then, even so, it should...
  7. windows10 exetrnal HD doesn't power off after PC shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows10 exetrnal HD doesn't power off after PC shut down: Since the last update my external HD not working properly concerning power settings. Two problems occurred when I shot down the PC USB connection still alive on power. In this way Ex HD can not stop. Even though I tried all the relevant settings on sleep function, I...
  8. Sleep while PC power is cut off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep while PC power is cut off?: So this was a routine method for me: When going to sleep, I put my PC to sleep too and after waiting a few minutes turned off power switch on the back of my PC so my cat couldn't wake the PC etc. In the morning when turning it in back on and pressing a button on my keyboard...
  9. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  10. External monitor powers off and on blinks whenever mini app preview windows are shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External monitor powers off and on blinks whenever mini app preview windows are shown: When I switch apps using alt-tab, or when I try to share a screen using Zoom, my external monitor starts flickering, apparently losing and regaining connection. I'm on an alienware laptop connected to the monitor by HDMI. The issue has been strangely intermittent; for the...