Windows 10: Powering-up a miniPC

Discus and support Powering-up a miniPC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to buy a miniPC with W10 to be used as a mediaplayer. Some systems are "advertised" as auto-powered, which means that by applying the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PiKo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. PiKo Win User

Powering-up a miniPC

I want to buy a miniPC with W10 to be used as a mediaplayer. Some systems are "advertised" as auto-powered, which means that by applying the main voltage to the power supply, the system including Windows powers up automatically. There is no need for pushing a button (like my desktop). Other systems do not say anything about it.
    Since I put the mediaplayer in a cabinet, I would not prefer to have to push a button. So my question is: when autopowering is not standard, is there a way to make it work?

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Powering-up a miniPC

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Powering-up a miniPC

1. Powering-up a miniPC - Similar Threads - Powering miniPC

2. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  3. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power - Event ID 41: Hi, I have been getting Kernel Power 41 error since December 2023 and for the past few months, I have tried a lot of things to fix it and just came across this question from this link "May I know how to solve a kernel power 41 error as my computer keeps crashing due to this...
  4. Kernel Power - Event ID 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming: I have been having issues while playing games on my PC recently and its left me confused and not sure what to do from here. This has now started to hapopen randomly and even not when just playing games however, my PC will shut itself off and restart, I check the logs and...
  6. Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming

Kernel-Power 41 Error while gaming: I have been having issues while playing games on my PC recently and its left me confused and not sure what to do from here. This has now started to hapopen randomly and even not when just playing games however, my PC will shut itself off and restart, I check the logs and...
  7. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...: Keep getting the message, "This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program."Having issues downloading Fallout on the Microsoft Store. I don't believe I would need the Windows Insider program. I believe it could be a connection issue since the...
  8. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...: Keep getting the message, "This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program."Having issues downloading Fallout on the Microsoft Store. I don't believe I would need the Windows Insider program. I believe it could be a connection issue since the...
  9. This title is powered by great new features in the windows insider program. Unable to...

10. Power on off not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power on off not working: My laptop is not letting me shut it down, it says no power options available when I click at the power button in window menu. Alt+f4 is also not working. Ctrl+alt+ delte os not opening the task manager. What to do?...