Windows 10: Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish

Discus and support Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am using a work laptop, a Dell E5570 (about 2 years old now). Here are the specs: Windows 10 pro 64bit Office 365 (32bit--required by work) Core i5... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bigblocktowncar, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish

I am using a work laptop, a Dell E5570 (about 2 years old now). Here are the specs:

Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Office 365 (32bit--required by work)
    Core i5 6300U
    8gb RAM
    256gb m.2 SSD
    Intel HD 520 onboard graphics

I have noticed that often times, Powerpoint will be very laggy. As in, I make a keystroke and the system respond about a quarter or half second later. I could finish typing this sentence and wait about a second and a half for the cursor and text to catch up. Even if I am not entering new text, if I am just deleting text or repositioning the cursor, the system is quite laggy. I searched this problem and found that people are instructed to:

1. turn off the hardware acceleration within Powerpoint (no change)

2. go to system properties > advanced > performance settings > turn off "animate controls and elements inside windows" (no change)

I do run two additional monitors (one VGA and one HDMI) plus the main laptop screen. This is not a blazing fast laptop, but I typically would only have a few browser windows, plus Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.

If I open up the task manager to view CPU and memory usage, the CPU idle usage is at about 5-10%. Once I start moving the cursor around within Powerpoint, the CPU usage will jump up to about 35-40%. Memory usage doesn't change. Shutting down everything except Powerpoint seems to have no effect. Any other ideas? It seems people have complained about this for several years now.....

:)

bigblocktowncar, Oct 29, 2018

2. Keyboard Input Lag

Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched keyboards, and the problem still occurs. I am at a standstill at what to do and would really appreciate some help. Thank You!

NathanStats, Oct 29, 2018
  3. DFG
    DFG Win User
    Keyboard Input Lag During Computer Start

Has anyone had trouble with keyboard input lag when the computer starts? I've tried typing in Chrome and Sticky Notes right after the computer logs in and there is heavy lag between keystroke and the character being displayed. This problem only exists the first 10-20 seconds or so after login and also while i'm alt-tabbed out of GTA V. Afterwards, keyboard input behaves normally. On another computer (not with me at the moment) also running an SSD, I don't remember there being any keyboard input lag in Chrome right after the computer starts.

I've recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 but in my previous Win 8.1 setup, this issue was also present.

Here are my system specs:
    Windows 10
    Asus Sabertooth z77
    i7-3770k
    Samsung 850 Evo
    16gb Vengeance RAM @ 1600 mhz
    GTX 780ti

4. danazc Win User

Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish

x1900xtx input lag

Ok I have the same issues with the input lag when using ati tool and the dynamic fan control. I only use ati tool for this feature so my question is this: does the latest version address this issue and if not, can I control the fan speed a different way that wont cause the stupid input lag? The x1900xtx get HOT and I like ati tool, but it is hard to play css when you have input lag for 3-4 seconds every 2 minutes. Please help me ASAP. Does .26 version fix this or what are some suggestions that might eliminate the input lag but still be able to use this great tool? Thanks! Does anyone know if ati tray tool works better in this department?

danazc, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish

1. Powerpoint and Word have keyboard input lag and are quite sluggish - Similar Threads - Powerpoint Word keyboard

2. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  3. keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  4. keyboard input lag

keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  5. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  6. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  7. Keyboard input lag

8. Input Lag on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Lag on Keyboard: When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play games. It doesn't matter whether it is bluetooth or not. It renders many games nearly unplayable so any help is appreciated,...
  9. in game keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game keyboard input lag: Hi (not sure I am in the correct category but) my name is Zakaria El Aiassi; I have a problem that every time I play a game (like Roblox, Minecraft, fortnite, etc.) when I press WASD it lags to, either receive or stop 'pressing' when I'm not pressing any button. My game...
  10. Keyboard Input Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Lag: Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lag when typing in power point

2. power point keyboard lag

3. powerpoint typing lag

4. sluggish typing in powerpoint,
  5. word input lag