Windows 10: PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

Discus and support PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Julie Mem, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Julie Mem Win User

PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my work each time PPT crashes and this happens daily. Any idea how to change it where the tmp file isn't a PDF?

:)

Julie Mem, Feb 18, 2022
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help! :)

jaydeee, Feb 18, 2022
  3. techbuzz Win User

I just tried saving the file as a PPT and I'm still getting the same results. Is it possible that the files are corrupted and they can be opened on some computers? I haven't heard of something like this happening before.

techbuzz, Feb 18, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

Firstly, I am not that familiar with Powerpoint.
    I have only messed it with a few times.

Try this... Use one of these, or all of these, to open the file and see if they will run and save it:
    Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012
    Lotus Symphony 3.0.1
    LibreOffice
    Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0

Some other info that may be of use:
    The PowerPoint FAQ - PowerPoint Help
    PowerPoint won't open my older PowerPoint presentations
    PowerPoint crashes while opening certain presentations
    If the file is password protected... Remove password from a password-protected PowerPoint file
    Recovering a corrupt presentation

Goodluck
    *Smile PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help! :)

95Viper, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

1. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help! - Similar Threads - PowerPoint crashes tmp

2. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file: Last year I created a ppt file and encrypted it. After when I bought a new SSD disk for my laptop, I reinstalled my window. Now when I try to open the old encrypted ppt file which was created by the old administration's user, the PowerPoint said that it cannot read the file....
  3. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file: Last year I created a ppt file and encrypted it. After when I bought a new SSD disk for my laptop, I reinstalled my window. Now when I try to open the old encrypted ppt file which was created by the old administration's user, the PowerPoint said that it cannot read the file....
  4. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!: Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my work each time PPT crashes and this happens daily. Any idea how to change it where the tmp file isn't a PDF?...
  6. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!: Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my work each time PPT crashes and this happens daily. Any idea how to change it where the tmp file isn't a PDF?...
  7. File becomes TMP File

File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  8. tmp files .tmp

tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  9. Grey cross over my file icons pdf and ppt

Grey cross over my file icons pdf and ppt: I use a windows 10 laptop and today suddenly when I opened my laptop to use a pdf file I could not open it on observing I found a grey cross over the icons and now I am unable to open it I tried updating my windows laptop but it is already up to date....
  10. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"