Windows 10: Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason

Discus and support Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi professionals and community, I am working on a small program designed on PowerPoint. My Powerpoint has some videos (they are actually pre-recorded... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ntd252, Aug 17, 2021.

1. ntd252 Win User

Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason

Hi professionals and community, I am working on a small program designed on PowerPoint. My Powerpoint has some videos (they are actually pre-recorded animations), with little complex animation layers, and VBA codes for updating textbox during the slide show. My Powerpoint usually crashes at certain slides, but I can't reproduce the error exactly, because everytime it can crash with another slide. Let say my powerpoint has 4 main parts: Warm-up, Obstacle, Speed-up and Endgame. Powerpoint often stops respoding at Endgame slides. I have developed this file since 2016 and at that time, I was using Office 2010 on a 4GB RAM machine and never ran into the similar issue. Hope to hear your idea to trace the problem. My computer: XPS 9570 (i5 8300H, 16GB RAM), up-to-date drivers Office version: 16.0.14228.20216 (Family subscription), Windows 10 21H2 (19043.1165) is up-to-date (with intel UHD graphic 630, driver version 30.0.100.9684) My powerpoint file: debug.pptm All of the VBA codes are on 4 modules. Video: Attempt 1: Powerpoint stopped working - reproduce 1 - YouTubeAttempt 2: Powerpoint stopped working - reproduce 2 - YouTube Logs from Diagnostic Data Viewer Code: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE Creation Time: 8/17/2021 5:21:49 PM Problem: Stopped responding and was closed Status: Report sent Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: POWERPNT.EXE Application Version: 16.0.14228.20250 Application Timestamp: 610db800 Hang Signature: 6d7b Hang Type: 134217728 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: 3bde1a089a7f10ef3b55162a74601919 (1969504783641352473)

:)

ntd252, Aug 17, 2021
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason :)

jaydeee, Aug 17, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User

Firstly, I am not that familiar with Powerpoint.
    I have only messed it with a few times.

Try this... Use one of these, or all of these, to open the file and see if they will run and save it:
    Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012
    Lotus Symphony 3.0.1
    LibreOffice
    Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0

Some other info that may be of use:
    The PowerPoint FAQ - PowerPoint Help
    PowerPoint won't open my older PowerPoint presentations
    PowerPoint crashes while opening certain presentations
    If the file is password protected... Remove password from a password-protected PowerPoint file
    Recovering a corrupt presentation

Goodluck
    *Smile Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason :)

95Viper, Aug 17, 2021
  4. techbuzz Win User

I have a very perplexing situation on my hands. *Bang Head :banghead:

I have 2 PowerPoint files that crash PowerPoint when attempting to open them. The problem is that this is only happening on some computers. All the machines I have attempted to open the files on are running Windows 7 and have Office 2010 installed. The computers also have Office 2010 SP1 install so I have ruled that out as an issue as well.

Any ideas?

techbuzz, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Powerpoint crashes on specific file for unclear reason - Similar Threads - Powerpoint crashes specific

2. PC crashes for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes for no reason: My computer freezes all of a sudden, the Capslock does not respond and nothing happens. Either the system reboots by itself or we have to force reboot it by pressing the power button on the CPU cabinet. I suspect that the GPU is behind the problem.I have tried updating the...
  3. unclear billing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unclear billing: Hello, I am getting billed for a "Microsoft Subscription msbill.info" but I have no idea what it is for exactly. Please contact me asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unclear-billing/302854ce-540b-4a92-8380-657eccbd5974
  4. unclear billing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unclear billing: Hello, I am getting billed for a "Microsoft Subscription msbill.info" but I have no idea what it is for exactly. Please contact me asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unclear-billing/302854ce-540b-4a92-8380-657eccbd5974
  5. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!: Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my work each time PPT crashes and this happens daily. Any idea how to change it where the tmp file isn't a PDF?...
  6. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!: Any help is appreciated. When my powerpoint crashes and a tmp file is created, the tmp file is a PDF for some reason vs a PPT file. So I lose all of my work each time PPT crashes and this happens daily. Any idea how to change it where the tmp file isn't a PDF?...
  7. PowerPoint crashes and then the tmp file turned to a PDF vs PPT file - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop performance sporadic following upgrade. reason unclear

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop performance sporadic following upgrade. reason unclear: Running a Compaq Laptop with W10 and I'm experiencing something new. First the details of the hardware: Winver: 10home. 20H2 19042.1052. Feature Pack 120.2212.2020.0 PC is an AMD E1-2100 APU with radeon HD (1gb), 4gb of DDR3 installed, on a 64bit system. Following "issues"...
  9. Laptop performance sporadic following upgrade. reason unclear

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop performance sporadic following upgrade. reason unclear: Running a Compaq Laptop with W10 and I'm experiencing something new. First the details of the hardware: Winver: 10home. 20H2 19042.1052. Feature Pack 120.2212.2020.0 PC is an AMD E1-2100 APU with radeon HD (1gb), 4gb of DDR3 installed, on a 64bit system. Following "issues"...
  10. zip file to powerpoint?

in Windows 10 Customization
    zip file to powerpoint?: I would appreciate any help on how to add a zip or flash file to powerpoint from a web site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-file-to-powerpoint/b6910b2c-fb88-451a-8d94-1774fa37f5cd