Windows 10: Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

Discus and support Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the following error appear when trying to open a powerpoint file:If I try opening powerpoint in any other way there is no response.. In addition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DylanBarker, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

I have the following error appear when trying to open a powerpoint file:If I try opening powerpoint in any other way there is no response.. In addition to this, a lot of the apps in my seach bar appear to not have icons showing including Store, all Office apps and more as shown.Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

DylanBarker, Oct 26, 2021

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 26, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are... :)

jaydeee, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

screen recording using stereo mix in powerpoint

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, if you are facing this issue on all the other sound applications as well?
    2. Do you get any error code or error message when you try to record the audio?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

Open Windows voice recorder and try to record any audio and check if that works.

If you still face the issue, try the steps provided below.

1. I suggest you follow this article on

Audio and Video playback issue on PowerPoint
      and check if this helps.
    2. For additional information you can also check

Video and audio file formats supported in PowerPoint

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

1. Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are... - Similar Threads - Powerpoint Error package

2. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package Installation Error: Package Installation ErrorCould not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Entity Framework Tools NuGet Packages':EntityFramework.6.2.0: Unable to find version '6.2.0' of...
  3. Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...: I have the following error appear when trying to open a powerpoint file:If I try opening powerpoint in any other way there is no response.. In addition to this, a lot of the apps in my seach bar appear to not have icons showing including Store, all Office apps and more as...
  4. Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...: I have the following error appear when trying to open a powerpoint file:If I try opening powerpoint in any other way there is no response.. In addition to this, a lot of the apps in my seach bar appear to not have icons showing including Store, all Office apps and more as...
  5. Powerpoint Error: This package could not be installed because resources it modifies are...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you...: when i try to use the command msiexec /i this massage This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. i tried this Step...
  7. This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This installation package could not be opened in Sandbox: I was really looking forward to using Windows Sandbox for testing the installers I generate as result of my build. Unfortunately, right off the bat ran into the "This installation package could not be opened …" error message. Have tried all of the options related to msi...
  8. This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you...: Hello! I've tried downloading Elgato Game Capture but it keeps giving me " This installation package could not be opened.Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."...
  9. "This installation package could not be opened." error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This installation package could not be opened." error message: I am trying to install TI-Nspire CX Student Software, but everytime I go to run the installer, an error message pops up that reads, "This installation package could not be opened." I contacted Microsoft support because this has happened numerous times to other software, and I...
  10. Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...: Hi, While installing Java & MySQL and some other apps in windows 10, I am frequently getting this error: Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a...