Windows 10: PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app

Discus and support PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi None of the topics on the third drop-down list matches this problem so I going for Desktop etc a because that's where it started, and if the post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stymied2, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Stymied2 Win User

PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app

Hi

None of the topics on the third drop-down list matches this problem so I going for Desktop etc a because that's where it started, and if the post should be somewhere else could a kind Moderator please shift it or copy it there?

I've tried entering key words for this problem into search engines, but none of the search results matches this problem.

Something crazy has happened. Something also irritating and positive emotion depleting at what could become an exponential rate.

I have Windows 10 on a two month old Dell laptop for which I purchased Microsoft Office 2019 Home and Student edition yesterday.

OK, so, this evening, I opened Word. Normally I do it from the list of apps, or from the taskbar, but I hadn't got round to adding Word and Excel to the taskbar yet. Full in my face on the Start Screen was the large Office icon, and to the right, the four smaller icons for the H & S edition purchase.

I clicked on the Word icon, and my finger must have slipped or something, because Word opened, with the PowerPoint icon somehow embedded in it. Seems it's now part of the screen display because it appears there, in the exact same position no matter what app or tab I open.

If I right-click to see what options I have, it doesn't seem to offer me any options I don't get when I right-click anywhere else on the screen. And the cut command is always pale grey.

I'm hoping very much that someone is able to rescue me from this situation, explain how this happened/what I did to get into this mess in the first place, and what I can do to undo it.

Even if you can't help with this, thank you for reading to the end of my post.

:)

Stymied2, Apr 19, 2019
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app :)

jaydeee, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

Hi Drew,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I will certainly assist you.

As you are not able to see the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app which is freely available in Windows Store.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Control Panel on the search bar,then go to Programs and Features, Click View Updates
    • Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 19, 2019
  4. PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app

Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

I was hoping that by downloading the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store, that I would be able to use it to setup assigned access on a Windows 10 computer and display a powerpoint presentation. Our issues is, we need this to be a Kiosk that no-one can
    close out the presentation. Powerpoint allows you to turn most functions off, but you can still access the ease of access toolbar, and can also close the presentation out. When I go to assigned access though, Powerpoint Mobile does not appear in the list of
    Apps. I have downloaded other Supposed PowerPoint Presenters, but none of them show up in the list either.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this! I do not understand how to setup the Power Shell code to set this up, too technical for me. But I really need this as Kiosk computer. Any suggestion?

Drew Patterson, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app

1. PowerPoint icon appears on every screen, tab or app - Similar Threads - PowerPoint icon appears

2. Icons for shortcuts on Apps tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for shortcuts on Apps tab: most of the icons for the shortcuts on the Apps tab have been replaced by a generic icon. I can't figure out how to restore the former Icons or to change the icon to something of my choice.When I go to Settings / Personalization / Themes / Desktop Icon Settings only a few...
  3. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  4. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  5. Icon keeps appearing on the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icon keeps appearing on the screen: Hi I am running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I brought a numerical keypad to use with it, but every time I press on a key an icon flashes up on the screen... [ATTACH] Any way that I can stop this from happening? Thanks,...
  6. No icons appear on the screen anywhere.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons appear on the screen anywhere.: I bought a new computer recently and andit has been working just fine until now. When i loqd up the computer no icons apear anywhere, on the top or taskbar. I trued to find a solution but the ones i found about explorer.exe wont work because when i try to open it up rhat...
  7. Powerpoint Icons (Office 2019)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint Icons (Office 2019): When saving Word documents, there is the little checkbox for creating an icon thumbnail. You have to click it during save to change the normal Word document icon to one with a thumbnail image. Unfortunately, in order for it to work you have to re-save every old document and...
  8. My icons appears on secondary screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My icons appears on secondary screen: This issue has started only a few days ago, no matter what guide I follow, all my icons appears on my secondary monitor, which is number two in Nvidia settings, and in Windows settings What can I do to make icons always appear on primary monitor?? submitted by /u/totte1015...
  9. App Icons Appear on wrong screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Icons Appear on wrong screen.: I have 2 screens. Icons for my most used icons have always been on Screen 1. Now they default to Screen 2. How can I get then back to default on Screen 1?...
  10. The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.

in Windows 10 Support
    The Lock Screen appears every 30 min.: Hi there I have an annoying problem with windows 10. The lock screen appear every 30 min no matter if I am using or not the computer. I have changed the settings everywhere but I can't disable that behavior. Please help me. Any hint would be appreciated very much. 20342