Windows 10: PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted

Discus and support PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had a update to windows 10 to 2004 version recently. After that 1. Sometimes system auto inputs continuous ........... dots in the input boxes pwd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hemanthkb, Nov 7, 2020.

1. hemanthkb Win User

PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted

Had a update to windows 10 to 2004 version recently. After that

1. Sometimes system auto inputs continuous ........... dots in the input boxes pwd window, search boxeswithout me pressing any keys. Even if i hit Esc key or backspace , system continuous to input dots.

2. If the PowerPoint file is kept opened and being worked, slides are getting deleted automatically one by one after few seconds gap between each, as if someone is pressing the del key.

3. Some times, when trying to open the ppt file, a window appears asking to save the file , if yes is selected file is going to recycle bin.

I am using office 2007 enterprise version.

I did try uninstall and install the office 2007. The issue still exists. Could some one please suggest possible solution?

:)

hemanthkb, Nov 7, 2020
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted :)

jaydeee, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 7, 2020
  4. RajDayal Win User

Can't edit PowerPoint slides

I am trying to make changes to some PowerPoint slides. However, I am unable to do so because I keep on getting a message that the license for that application is not valid.

RajDayal, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

1. PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted - Similar Threads - PowerPoint slides getting

2. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are getting auto deleted: It's win 10.Even if I am not touching the computer and standing meters away from it, all of a sudden files start getting deleted. I have to restore them from Recycle Bin. And if there is a Word file open, the words I have typed start getting deleted. It looks as if some ghost...
  3. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are getting auto deleted: It's win 10.Even if I am not touching the computer and standing meters away from it, all of a sudden files start getting deleted. I have to restore them from Recycle Bin. And if there is a Word file open, the words I have typed start getting deleted. It looks as if some ghost...
  4. Files are getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powerpoint Slides Shuffle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Slides Shuffle: Is it possible to shuffle slides in PowerPoint? I'm using PowerPoint as a photo slide show as all the pictures are from lots of different albums however I would like the order of slides shuffled.. there is over 1450 slides so manually shuffling one by one is not an option....
  6. Powerpoint Slides Shuffle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint Slides Shuffle: Is it possible to shuffle slides in PowerPoint? I'm using PowerPoint as a photo slide show as all the pictures are from lots of different albums however I would like the order of slides shuffled.. there is over 1450 slides so manually shuffling one by one is not an option....
  7. Powerpoint 2019 Skip or show slides conditionally?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint 2019 Skip or show slides conditionally?: Powerpoint 2019, Windows 10 Pro In a presentation I have a slide with data followed by three slides with an example. I show the data and ask if everyone understands it. If everyone says YES I want to SKIP the next 3 slides. If someone says NO I want to show the next 3 slides....
  8. PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint: adding an audio background to a screen recording slide.: I would like to add various screen recording slides to my powerpoint presentation. I would like to add background music to the screen recording slide. I would like to add different music to each screen recording slide. I would like the screen recording to begin...
  9. SurfacePro 6 in both Word and Powerpoint regularly starts deleting entire slides or lines...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SurfacePro 6 in both Word and Powerpoint regularly starts deleting entire slides or lines...: Entire slide decks have disappeared. SO FRUSTRATING. I've lost hours of work. Over and over. This device started this problem when only a couple months old, so I doubt it's a 'stuck key' or dirty key. This happens regularly - most often after creating about 10 slides in...
  10. Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open Word docs or PowerPoint slides: Every time I try to open slides through PowerPoint or Word document I get a message that says "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor"....