Windows 10: Powershell 1.0 wont go away

Discus and support Powershell 1.0 wont go away in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have disabled Powershell 2.0 on my Windows 10 64bit laptop and that doesn't come back on startup, but powershell 1.0 comes back when rebooting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richie J, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Richie J Win User

Powershell 1.0 wont go away

I have disabled Powershell 2.0 on my Windows 10 64bit laptop and that doesn't come back on startup, but powershell 1.0 comes back when rebooting the computer even though it is not in the startup menu and I checked the shell: startup folder using the run command and deleted the shortcuts that were there. How can I get rid of this powershell 1.0? Thanks in advance for your help.

Question, can I just delete the powershell folder all together with admin privledges, the folder thats under system32?

:)

Richie J, Jun 16, 2020
  2. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 16, 2020
  4. chew Win User

changed reg from 0 to 1

i followed all steps and wmware15 still woudnt start. i've changed the registry from 0 to 1 and worked like a charm

Thema:

1. Powershell 1.0 wont go away - Similar Threads - Powershell wont away

2. Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away: Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up with:Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Anattempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."At line:1 char:91+ ... se$bytes;...
  3. Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away: Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up with:Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Anattempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."At line:1 char:91+ ... se$bytes;...
  4. Icon on screen wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon on screen wont go away: This icon stays on the screen even if apps are fullscreen, the icon is only there after logging into windows, and you cant take a screenshot of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-screen-wont-go-away/e40700b5-7195-4436-b29c-52d5cdaf14e8
  5. Auto Fill wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Fill wont go away: How do i stop this? its driving me mad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-wont-go-away/398a8bc2-5c74-472f-8e3e-41a081469a42
  6. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  7. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  8. BSOD Wont go away...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Wont go away...: Hi, Over the past year I've had a range of BSODs. They had a variety of different error codes and after looking into it it seemed that my RAM was the problem. After plenty of testing I found that one stick was faulty so I replaced it and ended up being fine for a while. Flash...
  9. malware infection wont go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...
  10. Pop Ups wont go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop Ups wont go away: PLEASE HELP I have a pop up ob my desktop, that shows up every time I turn on my computer and wont go away. Says things like "she left a message" with a profanity picture....