Windows 10: PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed)

Discus and support PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having the exact same problem as in this thread:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EdwardLJones2, Oct 31, 2019.

1. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed)

I am having the exact same problem as in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...registry/b2625908-4521-4f49-91de-9cdd8d40e862

I followed the instructions and changed the registry to 'restricted' but something keeps switching it back to 'unrestricted'.

Norton Power Eraser finds the issue but my McAfee and Malwarebytes do not. What can I do to eliminate the virus or whatever is causing this issues? First noticed it when I clicked on a chat video in facebook.

Here is the link that caused the issue:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpost-cm.gwallet.com%2FuqEXGb%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3B9Envlc3-LpsgFuTETO5AnzDD6c3H13_GjBS11izZeKWkAwygUvA_914&h=AT0MqPT269pkMHeqZ4H_kSJXRgUUjfbzfKiws8B9rOlQh6neiEZ8BzfcE_xYbC5vEJxqIa_afuotb8js7FVjE-Gz8b2e7o7bk3JokOcJ75K_CTie8bLHlziGBVNHBZet6Q

Thank you,

Edward Jones

:)

EdwardLJones2, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

Hi SusanHout1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Have you logged into the computer with the admin account?
    • When do you get this error message?

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue, I realize how frustrating these things can be. We at Microsoft prioritize our customer’s satisfaction. Keeping that
    in mind, I will suggest you the steps which might take care of this issue.

I would suggest you to run the scan on the computer using Windows defender. To do so, follow the Microsoft article on
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline.
    Once the scan is done, check if the issue is fixed or help us with the error message.

To turn off controlled access on Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned in the article
    Allow a blocked app in Windows Security.

To fix the
    PowerShell 1 ExecutionPolicy, I suggest you to follow these steps.

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer Microsoft article on How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell
    4. In the right pane, right click on the empty area and select New > select DWORD (32-BIT VALUE).
    5. Type: ExecutionPolicy
    6. Set the string value ExecutionPolicy to one of the following values:
      Restricted, AllSigned, RemoteSigned, Unrestricted, Undefined.

PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed) 75b60ff9-d483-4190-8962-efd4e86269ba?upload=true.png

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 31, 2019
  3. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer
    restarted a windows said failed contoll access, blocked c memory, I came back to Microsoft and a guy in support got into my computer and made a mess of it, he shut down programs without reinstalling them, tried to open mic which was also a blocked action,
    never tried to fix the powershell, but shut down all os security and killed Malwarebytes and dell support and assist, then he restarted my computer quickly after closing LogMeIn, it restarted very slowly, was horrible, many icons missing on task bar, I was
    in shock, I came back to Microsoft and asked again for help, the third guy tell me the second one was a scammer, and I showed him all three from same support page chat in Microsoft, he gets my phone number, calls me while on the phone while another guy on
    that chat gets into my computer and shut off every service, dell, intel, diagnotics, events, etc, now this time I am terrified to use support at Microsoft and am asking for help from the Microsoft community, not one of those guys fixed the registry error the
    first one it seemed tried tho and I am horrified by what has happened to me, now I repaired as much as I could the system as it was before coming here this time for help but the registry powershell is still bad and the control access is still blocking any
    attempt to fix anything, can someone who is a real tech help to fix this nightmare please

***Modify title from : hkey machine powershell 1 shell id microsoft executionpolicy is bad and i dont know how to repair it ***

SusanHout1, Oct 31, 2019
  4. A123 Win User

PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed)

Set Execution Policy in Powershell

I set the Execution Policy in Powershell to unrestricted to run a couple of command lines and then set the policy back to restricted. Does setting the policy to unrestricted for a small period of time harm Windows 10? Does one have to set the policy back
    to restricted or does closing Powershell and relaunching Powershell put the policy back to restricted?

Thema:

PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed)

1. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed) - Similar Threads - PowerShell Execution policy

2. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  3. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy for Powershell Execution: I enabled "Turn on Script Execution" and only allow signed scripts previously.However, I would like to bypass policy for one specific powershell script without changing my group policy.Is there any way of doing so?I have tried to using the -executionpolicy bypass -file but it...
  4. Group Policy for Powershell Execution

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Execution Policy in Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Execution Policy in Powershell: Hello,For Execution Policy for PowerShell, mine was set to unrestricted, which I changed to restricted, assuming it will make my PC more secure.I tried to learn about this, but I didnt understand whether restricted is the best and the most secure option for someone who uses...
  6. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  7. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  8. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry: it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer restarted a...
  9. Cannot Set Execution Policy in Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Set Execution Policy in Powershell: Did not experience this problem until this build (10130) but it may have occurred in the build before that also. As you can see in the attachment, I am in Administrator mode but cannot run a script which installs a dozen or so programs. The programs install if I type a...
  10. Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10: How to: Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 How to Set PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 The PowerShell script execution policies enables you to determine which Windows PowerShell scripts (if any) will be allowed to run on your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell registry problems microsoft.powershell ExecutionPolicy

2. hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\powershell\1\shellids\microsoft\powershell registry bad