Windows 10: Powershell 2 scripts Execution

Discus and support Powershell 2 scripts Execution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm tryng to run the following ps1 script Code: PowerShell (New-Object... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ampf, Jul 24, 2020.

1. ampf Win User

Powershell 2 scripts Execution

I'm tryng to run the following ps1 script

Code:
    but I'm getting no output

How can I do download and execute file1.ps1 and after that file2.ps1

Thank you

:)

2. ampf Win User

I'm tryng to run the following ps1 script

Code:
    but I'm getting no output

How can I do download and execute file1.ps1 and after that file2.ps1

Thank you

3. Issue faced when PowerShell script executed through SQL Server Agent Job

I have a PowerShell script that searches for an excel file at a particular location, if found copies it as a CSV file to another location.

This CSV is used as a source in ADF - Copy Activity.

This script is not interacting with any database, nor performing any db tasks - just reading an excel and converting it to CSV at particular location.

It is working fine as intended, when executed through PowerShell ISE, but when I scheduled it as a SQL server agent job it is not doing anything. The job successfully as per the message in Job History, but it does not do anything. The message says :

=====================================================================================

The job succeeded. The Job was invoked by User PMCI\VermaRachna. The last step to run was step 1 (Load_Radiotherapy_Machine_Utilization_File_Org_Src).

Executed as user: PMCI\SVC_DASH_SQLDevAGT. The step did not generate any output. Process Exit Code 0. The step succeeded.

=====================================================================================

I have scheduled the Job with type as "Powershell" and the script code is pasted in Command area of the Job Step.

Since I am not getting any error message how do I know what is the issue due to which script is not doing anything when run through SQL Server agent job. Can some one help with this please. I can share the script code if required.

Verma Rachna, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Powershell 2 scripts Execution

Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed scripts"

We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts".

Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking that it would block even the W10 built in scripts.

An example of what I am talking about are the 246 .ps1 files in the various diagnostic directories in c:\windows\diagnostics\system\ . our diags never come back with issues even when deliberately disabling components before running.

other areas that Powershell scripts live that I have found with a quick search -

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.powershell.odatautils_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_d60dcab1d9234fab

C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation\1.0.1\Diagnostics\Comprehensive

C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules - various folders in here.

Do we need to sign all powershell scripts that come with the OS?

Does Microsoft have a method of doing this?

Is there a list of script files that come with the OS so we don't just do a sign all approach, then find we have signed malware files.

we could probably configure something in the build task sequence to sign what is there initially. Is there any plan in place for Microsoft to start signing their scripts?

Will this be an ongoing process as updates are applied and files replaced, do we need to have a process in place to sign all PS1 files in the OS?

Paul Klerkx(psk), Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Powershell 2 scripts Execution - Similar Threads - Powershell scripts Execution

2. Executable Powershell script that will assist me in removing the Microsoft Monitoring Agent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executable Powershell script that will assist me in removing the Microsoft Monitoring Agent...: It is a laborious task to remove the legacy extension by logging into each individual VM because I have more than 500 in my subscription. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/executable-powershell-script-that-will-assist-me/80497a3f-caca-4d7a-a49d-ab234a9f8f96
  3. Unable to execute the Powershell scripts on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to execute the Powershell scripts on Windows 11: Hi, I am trying to execute the "Powershell" scripts on Windows 11 which was working great in Windows10.But, I am unable to execute it on Windows 11. So, I have tried executing the PS1 script is multiple ways, 1. Right click -> Run Powershell=> Powershell screen was blinked...
  4. Unable to execute the Powershell scripts on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to execute the Powershell scripts on Windows 11: Hi, I am trying to execute the "Powershell" scripts on Windows 11 which was working great in Windows10.But, I am unable to execute it on Windows 11. So, I have tried executing the PS1 script is multiple ways, 1. Right click -> Run Powershell=> Powershell screen was blinked...
  5. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  6. How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution: [ATTACH]If you want to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution in Windows […] This article How to turn on or off Windows PowerShell script execution first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  8. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  9. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...: We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts". Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking...
  10. Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10: How to: Change PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 How to Set PowerShell Script Execution Policy in Windows 10 The PowerShell script execution policies enables you to determine which Windows PowerShell scripts (if any) will be allowed to run on your...