Windows 10: PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5

Discus and support PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi just like to ask if a ps1 script written in PowerShell 7 can be used in PowerShell 5 without any issues?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sam_ekay5, Oct 19, 2021.

1. sam_ekay5 Win User

PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5

Hi just like to ask if a ps1 script written in PowerShell 7 can be used in PowerShell 5 without any issues?

:)

sam_ekay5, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Nobody99 Win User
    Nobody99, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

PowerShell is open sourced and is available on Linux/macOS

Little bit late .. PowerShell's 10th anniversary (Nov. 14)

Drone, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5 - Similar Threads - PowerShell compatibility PowerShell

2. Powershell 7 !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Powershell 7 !: Hi, when I use things like SCANNOW I now use Powershell instead of Command prompt. I keep seeing the message "try new cross-platform Powershell 6 ! I have looked in the Microsoft store and and "7" is listed is this the latest ? I guess the next question is "should I download...
  3. Powershell 7 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell 7 !: Hi, when I use things like SCANNOW I now use Powershell instead of Command prompt. I keep seeing the message "try new cross-platform Powershell 6 ! I have looked in the Microsoft store and and "7" is listed is this the latest ? I guess the next question is "should I download...
  4. Powershell 7 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5: Hi just like to ask if a ps1 script written in PowerShell 7 can be used in PowerShell 5 without any issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-7-compatibility-with-powershell-5/cb95ea7c-070c-4f1f-8d48-6f68d95c2cb1
  6. PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell 7 compatibility with PowerShell 5: Hi just like to ask if a ps1 script written in PowerShell 7 can be used in PowerShell 5 without any issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-7-compatibility-with-powershell-5/cb95ea7c-070c-4f1f-8d48-6f68d95c2cb1
  7. Windows PowerShell 5 or 7?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows PowerShell 5 or 7?: Hi all, I'm taking an online IT support course and learning more about Windows PowerShell included with Windows 10, which I believe is version 5.0. I've never used PS before this course, although I'm fairly comfortable with Command Prompt in Windows as well as Bash in Linux....
  8. Enable PowerShell SSH Remoting in PowerShell 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable PowerShell SSH Remoting in PowerShell 7: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThomasMaurerCH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwfkpb/enable_powershell_ssh_remoting_in_powershell_7/
  9. PowerShell 7 Preview 5 now available

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell 7 Preview 5 now available: Today we shipped PowerShell 7 Preview5! This release contains a number of new features and many bug fixes from both the community as well as the PowerShell team. See the Release Notes for all the details of what is included in this release. We are still on track to have one...
  10. The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7

in Windows 10 News
    The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7: Recently, the PowerShell Team shipped the Generally Available (GA) release of PowerShell Core 6.2. Since that release, we’ve already begun work on the next iteration! We’re calling the next release PowerShell 7, the reasons for which will be explained in this blog post. Why...