Windows 10: Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter

Discus and support Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've set up a split-tunnel VPN connection, and am trying to force that connection to use the remote connection's DNS server. To do this, I'm trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GBITGlenn, Sep 13, 2018.

1. GBITGlenn Win User

Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter

I've set up a split-tunnel VPN connection, and am trying to force that connection to use the remote connection's DNS server.

To do this, I'm trying to use Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration in PowerShell. However, the VPN connection is in the Global Phone Book. (Created using the -AllUserConnection parameter).

When I run the Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration command, it comes back telling me it cannot find the ConnectionName in the phone book. That's because it's a GLOBAL phone book connection, and there's no parameter in Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration to tell it to use that phone book.

So, how do I tell Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration to set the DNS IP for a connection in the global phone book?

:)

GBITGlenn, Sep 13, 2018
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter - Similar Threads - Powershell Add VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration

2. add account missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add account missing: Trying to add an account to sign in with Windows 11 however the add account is missing in Windows 11. I dont know much about computer I just want to add users so that my sister can also use and play with the computer. Can someone guide me on this ?...
  3. add account missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add account missing: Trying to add an account to sign in with Windows 11 however the add account is missing in Windows 11. I dont know much about computer I just want to add users so that my sister can also use and play with the computer. Can someone guide me on this ?...
  4. Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters.: Hey all, for the past couple of weeks this has been bothering me on every startup of my Dell Laptop, any idea on how to make sure this isn't any malicious code opening my network to unregulated activity? The certificate claims it's for "Windows driver updates". I can post any...
  5. Cannot Remove "AllUserConnection" Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Remove "AllUserConnection" Profile: From what I understand, you need to only add "AllUserConnection" VPN Profiles while operating as "nt authority\system". No doing so seems to put the profile in la-la-land. As an elevated user you can get the cim-instance with: $session = New-CimSession $className =...
  6. Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters: Greeting, I have an old command line application call Commandline.exe. it run with a parameter to check then show the result. but it need extra "Enter" to confirm like: commandline.exe -s 4567890 So I preparing the an answer file which is on an "Enter" crlf...
  7. Powershell/Powershell admin missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell/Powershell admin missing: When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it up and found out it was missing. I looked into it and found some other people with a similar problem, and they went to check...
  8. Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell: When running a command in-line PowerShell with parameters usually you would do this like & "ipconfig.exe /all". When you run it like that you will get the error saying that it is not recognized. & : The term 'ipconfig.exe /all' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,...
  9. Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!: Hi I've found that I can't add a shortcut to the area on the right of the Start menu, designed for adding apps, if it has parameters. e.g. "...\xxxxx.exe" /p I need to add a parameter for this app to run correctly. I added the parameter to the shortcut in the usual way...
  10. Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds OpenSSH support to PowerShell: Believe it or not, Microsoft is working on supporting OpenSSH. Yes, Microsoft is getting ready to support one of the mainstays of BSD, Linux, and Unix system administration. This is less surprising than it sounds. The days when Windows and Linux users were at each others'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add-vpnconnectiontriggerdnsconfiguration

2. Add-VpnConnectionTrigger

3. set-vpnconnectiontriggerdnsconfiguration global system vpn