Windows 10: Powershell and Secure Boot

Discus and support Powershell and Secure Boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I am trying to disable Secure Boot. But this is not possible via BIOS as there is no option to do this. And, it is set to "Standard". Nor is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TroubleShot, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Powershell and Secure Boot

Hi All,

I am trying to disable Secure Boot. But this is not possible via BIOS as there is no option to do this. And, it is set to "Standard". Nor is it possible via UEFI.

However it is possible via Powershell but there is something wrong with the code. First you set, then you save. Here is the code that is incorrect, as powershell questions it.

1) SET

(gwmi -Class Xxxx_SetBiosSetting -namespace root\wmi). SetBiosSetting ("SecureBoot,Disable")

This is where Xxxx is the make of your pc.

Powershell is only questioning the last bracket, but removing the brackets, or adding a space after the comma does not help either.

Any one out there who knows powershell? (All powershell forums are for developers)

:)

TroubleShot, Sep 23, 2020

2. Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 23, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Powershell and Secure Boot

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Powershell and Secure Boot

1. Powershell and Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Powershell Secure Boot

2. Secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot: So I enabled secure boot on windows 10, and now my pc keeps. blue screening. I’m getting very nervous, I turned it back off and it’s still blue screening! Someone please help me!...
  3. Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot: I cannot get secure boot to enable. When it does, it goes back to Bios. NZXT Z490 Mother Board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/1f611684-b0bb-49e3-839b-7305867e0d34
  4. Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot: Secure boot is enabled but 11 does not see it on Asus B450 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/c776d74e-0eed-4da5-8750-7ae0c7fbad9e
  5. secure boot

secure boot: * * Duplicate of Secure Boot Problem My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it...
  6. secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot: My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it shows Secure Boot-UnsupportedBut IN...
  7. SECURE BOOT

SECURE BOOT: I HAVE ENABLED SECURE BOOT IN BIOS BUT IT IS SHOWING YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BEACUSE SECURE BOOT IN NOT ENABLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/b86955aa-02e0-4139-88bb-71999c57dd8b
  8. Windows Security through PowerShell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security through PowerShell: Is there a way to take action towards threats in Windows Security automatically through a PowerShell applet or cmd command? For example, I see that there was a threat detected, I could run a script on my desktop that quickly tells Windows Security to remove or allow the...
  9. Windows Security change affecting PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security change affecting PowerShell: The recent (1/8/2019) Windows security patch CVE-2019-0543, has introduced a breaking change for a PowerShell remoting scenario. It is a narrowly scoped scenario that should have low impact for most users. The breaking change only affects local loopback remoting, which is a...
  10. secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    secure boot: How do I turn off secure boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/20f1624d-bc65-485c-a068-fb89bf4ef320"