Windows 10: PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes

Discus and support PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if you got the point of my issue. Was primarily concerned about the PowerShell elevation prompt. However, the issue happened again, again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alphaten, Apr 4, 2018.

1. alphaten Win User

PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes

Not sure if you got the point of my issue. Was primarily concerned about the PowerShell elevation prompt.

However, the issue happened again, again with a different key.. well keys.. this time, qa were repeating constantly qaqaqaqa.....

This time, however, I unplugged my mouse, and it also fixed the problem. Seems like something could be causing a short somewhere and unplugging an HID device somehow resets it, or it could be a driver issue.

Also, I did a 'reset' of my computer, and reinstalled Razer synapse, along with the drivers, so this is a very puzzling one.

I've moved the mouse to a different USB slot for now.

alphaten, Apr 4, 2018
  2. alphaten Win User

Hello,

I am fairly experienced with computers, although *nix servers are more my specialty, I don't really deep dive into windows much since 8+.

Today I came onto my computer with an elevation prompt saying that PowerShell wanted to make changes to my computer. I declined this as I didn't do anything to initiate it, and then nothing related happened afterwards. I had not recently installed any software, and Windows updates are disabled, however I do update the system fairly regularly manually by re-enabling the service.

After that while I was in a game, the computer starting typing the space key repeatedly, I tried pressing the space key to 'toggle' it but it did nothing.

I am not sure if the keyboard issue was before or after I installed RogueKiller, however RogueKiller didn't find anything, and I then uninstalled it.

I did after that, install Hitman Pro - Alert, and it also failed to find anything suspicious (that I didn't already know was legit)

A couple hours later, this same keyboard issue repeated itself, this time with the dash/minus key. I don't believe I even hit that key before it started pressing itself (held down essentially). Again, pressing this key did not make it stop.

In both cases, I had to remove the USB cable connecting the keyboard to the computer, and this did solve the problem both times, however given the strange PowerShell request this morning, I am hesitant to think the problem is the keyboard itself.

Keyboard is a Razer BlackWidow chroma, I also have another keyboard device, a Razer Naga chroma mouse.

My biggest concern is with the PowerShell elevation prompt, I was unable to find anything related to this happening on google, does anyone know what may have caused this?

There are no recent event notification for Power Shell in event viewer, the only thing I could find near the time the elevation prompt appeared was from the Application section:
    Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2118-04-01T11:56:12Z. Reason: RulesEngine.

However this seems to happen every day at around the same time and has never previously caused this prompt.

I use chrome and adblock, and am extremely careful with what software I run on my computer, I vetted both the apps i installed today before installing, and scanned them before install with virustotal.

Hitman Pro is still installed, though I'm not sure I'm a fan.

:)

alphaten, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Nick Ryan Win User
    Can't find itp.msi to make changes to keyboard and mouse settings on Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 earlier today and now some features of my keyboard and mouse are not working correctly. When I try to open the settings for either, I get an error message from Windows Installer:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable (trying to open the installation package itp.msi).

It's looking on D:\6230116fcfb6bba etc. \itype\setup64\.

I do have a D: drive but it has no such folder on it as far as I can see (haven't found how to show hidden folders yet).

As the package appears to be missing, where can I download it from? I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 (scroll wheel is too speedy) and a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 (Favourites keys don't work).

LATER

Found the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard software and clicked the X64 link to download it. It fails because it can't remove the previous version of software. I've found both Intellipoint 8.2 and Intellitype 8.2 in the list of programs but right-clicking and
    selecting uninstall gives me the same error as above. Catch-22.

Nick Ryan, Apr 24, 2018
  4. PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes

Can't find itp.msi to make changes to keyboard and mouse settings on Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to place the system in clean boot then try uninstalling.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

Please follow this article below to place the system in clean boot;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Once you placed the system in clean, please follow the section how to reset the computer in normal mode from above link.

If the issue continues you may perform SFC scan and check.

Check this link below:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Try Uninstalling IntelliPoint and IntelliType, reboot and then reinstall them.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Apr 24, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    This is a symptom of a stuck key. Try a standard USB keyboard that doesn't require any drivers or use the onscreen keyboard, see if that solves it.

spunk, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes

1. PowerShell asked to make changes to the system and keyboard autotypes - Similar Threads - PowerShell asked changes

2. My keyboard keeps autotyping "231" everytime I search something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps autotyping "231" everytime I search something: My keyboard keeps autotyping "231" everytime I search something and its really annoying and frustrating so please help me I tried many tutorials still not work....
  3. TO ask About the system to MAke Free and Cool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TO ask About the system to MAke Free and Cool: Dear Community iam using HDD 8GB RAM I want to cool ans make free my laptop i also want my laptop like SSD Because When i attend the online class in zoom it is stucking please Helpplease advice Thank you...
  4. PowerShell for no reason asks for permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell for no reason asks for permission: Hi, so I was on my Windows 10 today doing some stuff, and then I look at my Taskbar and Powershell was asking for permission. I do not know how happened. Can someone please explain, but I feel as if my PC is getting controlled or something?...
  5. powershell asking for permission

powershell asking for permission: open up roblox, suddenly powershell asking for permission, what should i do?i already made this post, but i just want to post it again to see if maybe someone could solve it...
  6. powershell asking for permission

powershell asking for permission: open a game, then powershell asking for permission, is my laptop hacked or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-asking-for-permission/1aab0e22-4c46-4657-b77b-c8b601f6b0c8
  7. powershell asking for permission

powershell asking for permission: just played some games, when powershell asking for permission, what should i do?, does my laptop have virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/powershell-asking-for-permission/fa5bea7c-db43-4a84-a22c-59b278b92623
  8. Autotyping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autotyping: My laptop is HP 250 G6 . It is now running on windows 10 pro after the update . But the recent problem is , it's auto typing a period and when i tap backapace it doesn't delete the text . Whenever i am trying to type it's autotyping a period. . I scanned the virus, checked...
  9. WinWord - Make changes to this system?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinWord - Make changes to this system?: I have recently (finally) changed to Window 10 on my desktop. When opening any of my Office 15 applications, the application opens and then disappears. It does not show on the Task bar, or 2nd monitor. (configured for 2 monitors). I have double clicked on a DOC file and...
  10. Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes: Hi, We have guests laptops at school for everyone but they keep making changes on the computer. How can i make Windows to ask for admin password when trying to make changes in the computer and when trying to run the installer? Google does not give me right results. 61453