Windows 10: Powershell can't run appx commands

Discus and support Powershell can't run appx commands in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vishalpillai1, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Powershell can't run appx commands

So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And this is what I getIn the recent past I have tried to run some debloat scripts it also shows the same error. Same for any appx commands.I use windows 10 it looks like 7 because of aerolite theme.

:)

vishalpillai1, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Error on running PowerShell commands

Hi Micah,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. Are you trying any command or a script on the PowerShell?

2. Do you get the error on typing the command or after hitting Enter?

I suggest you to try running the Windows PowerShell as an Admin and check if the issue persists. Right click on the launch file and select
    Run as Administrator to check if it helps.

Please get back you us with the required details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Powershell can't run appx commands

Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the miscommunication. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• 1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage ( check the spacing)
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Powershell can't run appx commands

1. Powershell can't run appx commands - Similar Threads - Powershell can't run

2. Error while running PIP3 command on powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while running PIP3 command on powershell: Please assist me to sort out the issue on the below screenshot.The command is 100% correct because I ran it on another computer it is working.I'm getting error that " the term pip3 is not recognized "I have seen all the differences of pip vs pip3 as well.I am wondering if i...
  3. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  4. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  5. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  6. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  7. run a powershell command like a batch file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run a powershell command like a batch file: I am working as a temp on a Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration team. We've encountered a problem with some software, and a solution has been found that requires us to execute a a single command with PowerShell. However, the command is extremely long and complex, and very...
  8. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Hi, I have three drives in my PC. Two of them are SSD's and the third one is a mechanical HDD. I like to optimize them using Powershell. However, as it stands now. I'm running the commands separately for each of my drive, i.e. 1.) Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim...
  9. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...
  10. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Good job, @lx07. Of course, you had the benefit of knowing the OP wanted to run the same command on 3 targets. Had I been armed with that same information, I might have made that same suggestion, too. That's why we're better working together than working individually. --Ed--